Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee 4 hole turrets

I loaded 25 9mm on the new 4holer Classic. I can tell ya that I’m gonna like it a lot to the point of possibly retiring my 3holer. That 4holer is way smoother than the 3holer and it’s built like a tank. I’m gonna look into possibly doing my rifle loads on it too. This is the start of a new chapter in my 20yrs of reloading.
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    I can’t imagine not needing a 4-hole. I’m currently processing 9mm that would be easier with a 4-hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If using Lee dies 3 is all you need, if you use RCBS, then charging the case is a separate step. I reload in stages, I deprime on a Lee universal die, clean my cases then store. When I reload, I do this in steps, all of the cases through each step; I size the case, flare the mouth, charge the case, seat the bullet, slight crimp with seater die. When I used Lee dies, it was a bit easier since the powder through die could have a powder measure, but the stand alone RCBS measure does ok too.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    I can’t imagine not needing a 4-hole. I’m currently processing 9mm that would be easier with a 4-hole

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Chavez View Post
    I loaded 25 9mm on the new 4holer Classic. I can tell ya that I’m gonna like it a lot to the point of possibly retiring my 3holer. That 4holer is way smoother than the 3holer and it’s built like a tank. I’m gonna look into possibly doing my rifle loads on it too. This is the start of a new chapter in my 20yrs of reloading.
    That is great .
    I think the LCT is one of the most versatile presses made a great tool if you don't need a super heavy duty single stage or a high production progressive.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    That is great .
    I think the LCT is one of the most versatile presses made a great tool if you don't need a super heavy duty single stage or a high production progressive.
    Second that! Just too good of a tool not to have on the bench.

But I will also say this........I think the Breech Lock Pro is going to make the LCT obsolete, in fact killing the Pro 1000 outright and hitting the Turret sales hard in the next year or so. Now that is bold, and coming from a guy that loves his LCT (in fact I have three of them in various places).

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post

But I will also say this........I think the Breech Lock Pro is going to make the LCT obsolete, in fact killing the Pro 1000 outright and hitting the Turret sales hard in the next year or so. Now that is bold, and coming from a guy that loves his LCT (in fact I have three of them in various places).

Lefty
    That may be true I have the ABLP also and for me it is the easiest Lee progressive to use no problems at all once past the learning curve and I used the pro1000 and loadmaster for decades .
    But for multiple runs of 50 to 200 rounds the LCT still wins for me . But almost all my reloading is handgun from 32s to 45s the ABLP does the auto pistol rounds that I load 4 to 500 at a session but progressives are more like work to me than an enjoyable experience like the LCT I have 2 cast iron single stage Lyman's that live in the closet 99% of the time. The LCT does almost all that I can do on them quicker and simpler and some things better.

Boolit Master

True ONELIGHT, and I think the LCT is better with rifle calibers too. In fact my LCTs will probably be set up for 45/70 and 350 Legend and left that way. Short runs are easy with the LCT, but the BL system allows for easier access and tweaking of the die on the ABLP. The LCT is pretty cramped.

If LEE ever offers a manual indexing ABLP, I think I would be in heaven! But then what would I do with my 550s? LOL

Boolit Master

Lefty
    I don't know, seems more complicated to switch out shell plates and each die vs the turret and a shell holder.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

I use a Lee classic turret press and only have one turret disk...it's not so bad swapping dies out. I sure do like having 4 holes since I learned to seat and crimp in separate steps.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I don't know, seems more complicated to switch out shell plates and each die vs the turret and a shell holder.
    The Breech lock system is a fast change, quarter of a turn and lift out. Shell plate is 1/4” Allen wrench and it’s out. Way easier than my SDP or 550, but a tad harder than my LCT.

Maybe twice as long as switching out the LCT, but you are saving 75% lever pulls. So that three minutes can save you three pulls per completed round.

But I still use the LCT for lots of batches. Just because I like reloading and not worried about time.

Lefty

Banned
    I love my Lee Classic Turret. I am set up to do 14-15 calibers on it, all in dedicated turrets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LCT.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	279682

I have moved my high volume stuff (9mm and 223) to two Auto Breech Lock Pros.

Name:	ABLP.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	279683

I really like both presses and may eventually move everything to the ABLP's. But it is very easy to run 20-30 rounds on the LCT.

I also use a Lee Classic Cast single stage for brass prep, etc.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master
    True ONELIGHT, and I think the LCT is better with rifle calibers too. In fact my LCTs will probably be set up for 45/70 and 350 Legend and left that way. Short runs are easy with the LCT, but the BL system allows for easier access and tweaking of the die on the ABLP. The LCT is pretty cramped.

If LEE ever offers a manual indexing ABLP, I think I would be in heaven! But then what would I do with my 550s? LOL
    The ABLP will manually index you just pull the the indexing rod just like the LCT , that said there is no question the 550 is a better built press and if a lot of rifle is to be loaded I have no doubt it will hold up better you do get a lot for the much higher cost of the 550 and the case feeder .
    But the ABLP works and works well and is more than worth what it costs and you don't need to have Jmorris for a neighbor to keep it running well ( would be nice though ) .
    Another big advantage to the ABLP if you have invested in the other Lee progressives and or a LCT then most of the primer feeders , case feeders , powder measures and charge dies all work great on it . You basically need the shell plate less than $20.00 and breech lock bushings for each caliber conversion. In my case when I bought my ABLP it was less than 200.00 to load 380,9mm,38 special , 40 s&w and 45 acp .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sghart3578 View Post
    I love my Lee Classic Turret. I am set up to do 14-15 calibers on it, all in dedicated turrets.

Name:	LCT.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	279682

I have moved my high volume stuff (9mm and 223) to two Auto Breech Lock Pros.

Name:	ABLP.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	279683

I really like both presses and may eventually move everything to the ABLP's. But it is very easy to run 20-30 rounds on the LCT.

I also use a Lee Classic Cast single stage for brass prep, etc.

Steve in N CA
    Flaunting your wealth? That’s about 2K in Turret Heads just laying around! LOL
    Nice set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12