Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does a new gun count

Banned

does a new gun count

if you get it into the safe before the wife sees you bought it. I just picked up a 7mag weatherby vanguard badlands from Buds that i kept my mouth shut about. 3 new guns last month and i though i was pushing the envelope buying another. Wife never said a thing before but i thought i was pushing the limit. She did catch the leupold scope i got in the mail and asked and i said it was for a gun i had a cheap scope on. I think she knows better that i dont have a cheap scope on anything. But she didnt push it.

Many ladies aren't interested enough in firearms to know the difference between a Weatherby and a Winchester, or a bolt action from a semi, but much to my chagrin I learned in the distant past that they can count. "You had 4 rifles when you left for the gun show, but now you seem to have 6?"

DG

Banned

yup but when its up over 40 they its a bit harder to keep track of.

I have several spread out over three locked gun cabinets. The wife has no idea how many I have(neither do I actually, without counting).
    She used to complain about the money. A couple of years ago, we had a sudden unexpected expense and needed some quick cash. I sold a couple of guns and paid the bill.
    Now she just looks at them as an investment.

Boolit Grand Master

When you go to the range always take an empty hard case with you. 3 cases leave ( 1 empty ) 3 cases come home ( all full). Most wives dont go beyond the cases coming and going.

Boolit Master

Similarly, I was able to convert several of my investments into a Transmission rebuild once. It did take the edge off some of the questions. And then our financial advisor said it was perfectly legitimate and acceptable to have your portfolio in a gun safe, Right after all our stock holdings tanked . No complaints now.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

What else, besides precious metal/stones, are you going to buy, use, and enjoy and still get 80% of your purchase price back? Or even make money if buying used.

Boolit Master
    My wife has always known what I have, and has never minded at all! She knows that I wouldn't spend out of our means and also knows that I enjoy them. She has her hobbies and I wouldn't ever say anything about hers. She has been following gun prices the past several years and has said like many of us know - the investment pays far better dividends than anything else we have.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Nope, does not count. Once it's in the house, I have had it for "a while".

I never had a problem like that.
    The new wife (of 20 years) is used to seeing them come and go. One more or less doesn't come up on her radar.

In the last week or so, I cashed in a bunch of factory ammo I'd never shoot at the local gun store.
    I came home with a new in box Ruger Mk1 made in 1980, and have a Henry Golden Boy on order.
    All she said was, "Cool".

Along those lines however--
    Something I've always found to be true: "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    My wife has always known what I have, and has never minded at all! She knows that I wouldn't spend out of our means and also knows that I enjoy them. She has her hobbies and I wouldn't ever say anything about hers. She has been following gun prices the past several years and has said like many of us know - the investment pays far better dividends than anything else we have.

Absolutely the same here. My wife does shoot some but has her hobbies. In the 40 years of being together we have never hid anything from each other.

Boolit Master
    Years ago I had my 2 stack on cabinets open. She commented 'you only have 2 hands. Why do you have so many guns?' (Just the rifles were showing.) I couldn't respond you only have 2 feet because 5 is the most pairs of shoes she's owned in 39 years.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Bub
    I just tell the Wife I bought it for her

I feel your pain - in 56 years of marriage, my green-eyed monster has supported my gunning/hunting ever since I took her shooting during our honeymoon.

She's even bought a few for me...….

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Patrick McManus, who used to write humor for Outdoor Life wrote about this. He said the trick is to buy a larger gun rack and never, ever, let your gun rack get full. That way His wife wouldn't notice. ... one day his wife said "I must be getting old-- I used to dust your gun rack in 10 minutes-- now it takes me hours..."
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

My wife is cool about buying guns. She knows the bills are paid on time. When i get a new gun. She has a few of her own too. She collects snakes. I collect guns. Taking care of my guns is less work than her snakes lol.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master
    My lady loves to shoot. She is smarter than I, so trying to fool her would be a huge mistake. We talk about major purchases. She actually leans the other way as I have been selling more than I have been buying over the last couple of years. She asks if I am sure I want to sell something.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    Patrick McManus, who used to write humor for Outdoor Life wrote about this. He said the trick is to buy a larger gun rack and never, ever, let your gun rack get full. That way His wife wouldn't notice. ... one day his wife said "I must be getting old-- I used to dust your gun rack in 10 minutes-- now it takes me hours..."
    I was thinking about that McManus story when I read this!!!!

Boolit Master
    I just showed my wife this thread. She asked how many of"these guys" work 80ish hours a week and take their kids out to shoot and learn to enjoy and respect firearms. She also said: "you are the epitome of provider - who am I to say what you wish to spend your time and money on? You spent your entire morning with our kids and their guns."
    (Gotta say, I do love this woman)

Boolit Master
    She never really asks. When I finally bought a safe this last year, she saw they don't all fit. She turned an eye and said I'll prolly need another. Similarly, Ive sold some and never lost money. It works for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast