Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hodgdon's new handgun data for shotgun powders?

Boolit Buddy

Hodgdon's new handgun data for shotgun powders?

I wanted to point this out to those that haven't noticed: Hodgdon now has handgun data up for some of their shotgun powders that I didn't notice having been there before.

Good stuff! Wonder how long that's been up.....?

Banned
    they also have more lead boolit data

How does one find this data? I just went to the site and the only data I see is the same old stuff that has always been listed.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Buddy
    Maybe it is the same old stuff? I don't recall having seen some of it (but that doesn't mean it wasn't always there, anyway lol).

I went to Hodgdon reloading, and entered the cartridges I was interested in. I did have to click on the 200, and 230grain selections to get them to show-up. When left on default, it only showed the designs up through 180 grains.

I thought I saw new powders listed for .45ACP loads (WSF, Longshot, IMR Blue), and more boolit designs that I didn't think were there before. Could be wrong, of course. I recall people posting about wanting handgun data for some of the shotgun powders.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher45 View Post
    Maybe it is the same old stuff? I don't recall having seen some of it (but that doesn't mean it wasn't always there, anyway lol).

I went to Hodgdon reloading, and entered the cartridges I was interested in. I did have to click on the 200, and 230grain selections to get them to show-up. When left on default, it only showed the designs up through 180 grains.

I thought I saw new powders listed for .45ACP loads (WSF, Longshot, IMR Blue), and more boolit designs that I didn't think were there before. Could be wrong, of course. I recall people posting about wanting handgun data for some of the shotgun powders.
    OK, I get what you mean. I've only been looking at their data for about 4-5 years or so, and I focused on the Longshot data for 20ga performance loads and use for 44-45 pistols. But I haven't noticed any other major changes to their data in that time.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Buddy
    Two ways to see it it seems. The old reloading data site and also...

Select products, select the powder and at the bottom of each powder page is the option to get reloading data by firearm type (rifle,pistol,shotgun)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    seems the web site changes every day. they are incorporating the data for accurate and ramshot into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jreidthompson1 View Post
    Two ways to see it it seems. The old reloading data site and also...

Select products, select the powder and at the bottom of each powder page is the option to get reloading data by firearm type (rifle,pistol,shotgun)

I didn't know that, I'll have to go check that out.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Buddy
    This looks new, or at least I don't remember it from before. I don't spend a lot of time there.

https://hodgdon.com/resources/data-sheets/

Boolit Master

They still don't have much in the way of data for shotgun powders in revolvers. I emailed them some weeks ago about the use of International Clays in handguns and have received no answer as yet. james

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    They still don't have much in the way of data for shotgun powders in revolvers. I emailed them some weeks ago about the use of International Clays in handguns and have received no answer as yet. james
    Does international Clays mean Clays or International in the the current naming scheme?

This page lists many pistol calibers for clays.
    https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon/hodgdon-clays

Ok.
    I see that international only lists shotgun si I guess that answers my question