WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage 220 barrel fitting

Boolit Bub
    BCS is a great resource where I live. 35 minutes away from a hardware store and lots of bcs material close to hand.

Boolit Buddy
    riverdog I had to dig the 219 out of it's home to check, the .410 barrel has no model number or address line on it. I have a 16ga 220 marked barrel that is identical in the latch/ejector block, the 16ga barrel has not been checked for fit on the 219. The breech face of the .410 shows the turned area that goes down past about 3/4th of the chamber.

Banned

Now I'm a little concerned. I bought an old 20 gauge barrel several years ago which has been cut off to about 20" and no bead. Didn't know exactly what I'd do with it at the time, but recently got an 18" 20 gauge to .357 insert and was planning to use that barrel for a nice 148 grain wadcutter launcher for squirrels. I better go dig that out and try to fit it on a frame.

I’ve always wanted to know if there was a chart or formula to give the clearance needed between to square surfaces hinged in relation to guns and headspace. It would compute distance from center of hinge axel to breech face.

Draw a circle centered on the hinge axis and just barely tangent to the standing breech. The bottom of the barrel face must lie on or within this circle. I cheat by laying it out in AutoCAD.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I’ve always wanted to know if there was a chart or formula to give the clearance needed between to square surfaces hinged in relation to guns and headspace. It would compute distance from center of hinge axel to breech face.
    Draw a circle with center on the hinge axis and just tangent to the standing breech face at the water table. The lowest part of the barrel face must lie on or within this circle. I cheat by laying it out in AutoCAD.
    Cognitive Dissident

Yes, I understand that. It’s same as linear distance from center of hinge pin to lowest point of barrel breech surface. The tolerance between the two is just a guess?