WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dixie gun works

Dixie gun works

Ordered a Pietta "sheriff model here bout a month ago from DGW. They charged my account but no shipping info.

I have purchased a few guns from them and it always is shipped lickity split. Not so much this time.

I have emailed them twice to check on my order but no return answer. Havnt called yet as my schedule has not permitted me to do so.

Has anybody gotten any return contact with them lately?

Banned

I’ve always had good experiences with DGW!

Boolit Master
    I have been waiting for 6 weeks for a top jaw for a flintlock. no tracking#? no nothing?

Boolit Grand Master

They have been way behind with all the stuff going on.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    The last order I placed with them was probably six months ago for a Pietta "58 Remington .36 ca Belt Pistol (skirter 6 1.2" barrel). IIRC - it took a good two weeks to get it and if they are like many others, they probably are behind in shipping.

There should be a phone number for them on their site - I would give then a call and you might get a quicker answer than trying e-mail. I would agree that a month seems like a long time but if they charged your card then I would take it that the item was in stock and "in process" somewhere. They have always been good to deal with so hopefully you can get an answer as to where it is.

I placed a small order with DGW about a month ago, and just yesterday got an email that my order has been shipped...……

AFAIK, DGW's business is suffering (like many others) from the effects of COVID-19, with employees MIA, and closure for awhile.

DGW, while a bit more expensive than other companies, I know DGW is an upstanding company - why I just waited it out.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

Remember also that all of the US south was dipped in ice during February. My USPS carrier tells me that the service is metering their backlog of Amazon packages to avoid daily gluts. It'll smooth out.

Boolit Man
    Tried to order a couple of mainsprings from them early last week and the site just wouldn`t let me put the order through. Have bought stuff from them over the years so didn`t expect any issues placing an order. Emailed them and no reply.
    The issue for me seemed to be a website one as wouldn't let you order from overseas even though country selected. Seemed to want State and Zip Code, well that ain`t going to work outside of the U.S

Well cool and thanks for all the comments. I have also ALWAYS had great luck with them as I stated above.

I will not rock the boat with them as if it is busy and frustrating for them, my pestering will not help matters. Their reputation is and has been golden from my viewpoint.

Thanks again for the comments and comiserating. Not in that much of a hurry.

I sure hope things smooth out for them. They are a great resource for tons of toys and goods.

Boolit Master

I ordered a peep sight a few months ago , I also tried contacting and no reply , but after a month and a half it shipped and I got shipping notice , shipping was also a slow process , crazy times we live in .

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    bigoted - I forgot to mention in my previous post - and not that it has anything to do with DGW . . just saying . . .

I ordered some 45-70 brass from Grafs a number of weeks ago . . it showed that it was "in stock" - and i'm sur that it was . . . but it took better than a month for me to get it. I'm not complaining . . just saying that DGW isn't the only supplier that has had issues like so many with COVID19, bad weather, etc.

On the other hand, I needed an item and the only place I could find it was MidwayUSA . . . so I ordered it figuring it would be a while before it wold come. At the same time, I saw that they showed that they had Uberti 1851 Colt Lodon Model Navy "in stock" . . . I had wanted one for a long time so I ordered it at the same time I did the item I needed. MUCH to my surprise . . . I had the order in my hands in less than a week. The day after I had ordered from them, I went back on and saw that they had Uberti 3rd model Dragoon in stock - another one I have wanted for a long time so, figuring that it is going to be a long time before the Italians catch up on their production, I placed an order for the Dragoon - dang if it didn't come the same day as my original order.

Now I have seen some folks complain about Midway's shipping times, etc. but I must have hit it just right and things were clicking good at Midway when I placed my order. But . . sho knows about tomorrow? If employees should happen to get sick and be gone from work or bad weather . their delivery time could be extended out as well.

I guess we all just have to have patience as they have all been good companies through the years and like any of us, they too have been affected by everything and probably get discouraged and frustrated at times as well.

They have been running about 30 days to ship orders. I ordered from them in late December 2020 and my order shipped complete in late January 2021.
    Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready.

Theodore Roosevelt- San Francisco May 13, 1903

Boolit Master

I made an order to a fellow in Colorado and the mail to him was on time but then the snow and ice hit. He got it to the post office in a couple of days but it sat in the post office for almost a week before it finally made it out on its journey. Dealers and the post office have a couple of problems right now---Covit 19 and weather. Just be patient and your order will eventually show up. Its hard sometimes but we will all just have to wait this short passage in time in history. Other than that your only option might be to just give them a call but I know that a few suppliers are not answering the phone right now over the same issues. james

Banned

Geez, doesn't sound like the DGW I know, they were always spot on with all transactions and I've probably bought close to a dozen guns from them.

Im noticing something similar but not terribly worried all other orders have arrived sooner or later.

Boolit Buddy

Last I heard they are around 6 weeks to ship. Covid, weather, short staffed and a tremendous increase in orders.
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Master
    I ordered a flint lock pistol about a month ago. It was listed in stock. Hasn't shipped yet.

I find it kind of weird that all these panic buys are having an effect on old timey guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post

I ordered a flint lock pistol about a month ago. It was listed in stock. Hasn't shipped yet.

I find it kind of weird that all these panic buys are having an effect on old timey guns.

Most of these guns are sourced from Italy, which was hit very hard, and has been total lockdown for quite awhile.

It looks like normal purchases cleaned out the pipeline, and it hasn't been refilled.

I got my order from DGW today, and included was a DGW flyer that showed normal pricing & availability for a few dozen different BP long & short (pistols) muzzleloaders.

IDK if the flyer is valid, or is an older (pre-COVID) flyer

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

I've been doing backorders on several sites on a separate debit card so it don't get messed up and spend money that's allotted for something else on something that's actually in stock.
    wear your scars with pride, a scarless man hasn't felt the hardship of life......

Boolit Buddy

just received notice today 3-19 that my order of 2-23 which was billed to my card at once was shipped today with no tracking number, so I suppose parcel post as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast