RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: need help locating a drop in barrel for STI trojan

Boolit Master

need help locating a drop in barrel for STI trojan

my STI has at the present a .40 S&W barrel installed.

i want a 10mm barrel to drop in it (to shoot 10mm)

sti is now a different company and doesn't offer one...and i don't want to spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars to buy one that still needs to be sent to
    a gunsmith to be finished machined for another couple hundred.

i swapped out a barrel for a 22 TCM with an ed brown 9mm super comp having to do some minor file work on the hood.
    it took 10 minutes to do that and it runs like a sewing machine.

so....anyone know where to get a "plug & play" barrel?

Boolit Master
    no body?

Boolit Master

Not many drop-in parts for 1911-style guns.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Master
    Quality barrels for 1911's aren't cheap. Bar-Sto makes excellent barrels,, but in general,, ALL 1911 barrels require some fitting. I doubt you will find what you seek w/o spending a bit of money.

Vendor Sponsor

Is your STI currently fitted with a ramped barrel? If it is, you can pretty much forget about locating a drop-in pre fit barrel.

I also had a guy send me two LW barrels for Glock, one 10mm that got throated, and the other in 40 that got throated longer so he could use the same COA as the 10, I heard that it worked out like he wanted it to, so there is that concept.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 03-04-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Forgive what may be a dumb question but did Stacatto (formerly STI) say they no longer supported STI pistols for warranties or repairs? That would really be disconcerting to me since I always found their CS to be great.
    Most firearm manufacturers have some repair parts on hand for discontinued models. At least until their supply runs out. They may not be willing to sell the part outright but be happy to fit it to your Trojan as a repair service. I’ve found having the manufacturer do the work is often way more reasonable than buying the part and having someone else fit it.

Boolit Master

Ive installed two of the Kart EZ fit barrels for the 1911, one in 38 super and another in 45 acp using there barrel install kit with good results

I have installed ramped 40 S&W Bar Sto drop in into a Kimber—took me all day, but it eventually dropped in. The 10mm makes enough power to require a well fit barrel to avoid barrel, slide, and frame damage. If you are done shooting the forty, just have your barrel reamed.