Lee PrecisionLoad DataPBcastcoTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Ultimate Case Lube Repository

Ultimate Case Lube Repository

Looking through the mounds of info around here Ive happened on several good "non standard" case and resizing lubes, so I've set out to create a repository of case lubes/recepes. If a particular "branded lube" tends to do amazing things, or has some meritous feature feel free to list it. Lets get rolling with a few of my favorites...
    Bag Balm, comes in a handy can and is useful for "garand thumb" and other hand/skin ailments.
    Lansinoh breast cream, get it in the maternity section, 100% anhydrous lanolin. also makes a useful preservative.
    Ballistol, a few drops in a ziploc of brass works realy well for me, cleans up with alcohol or lighter fluid.
    Face grease, hey, in a pinch at the range doing load development you cant afford to have forgotten you case lube at home...
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

Boolit Grand Master

I have used Fiebings Mink oil as a case/boolit sizing lube and it works dandy.
    The best case lube I ever used was this golden liquid that RCBS was putting out. I understand it was just anhydrous lanolin dissolved in alcohol.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master
    The old and now discontinued spray case lube from Midway was really great for .223. I tried Hornady one shot and got cases stuck in the die. How about Dillon politically correct pump spray? Anyone had luck with that? Rod

Soap, I forgot, Ive used dawn and Ivory bar in a pinch... why am I always running out of case lube......O yea, pistol reloading with old steel dies.... now I appreciate my new carbide ries more
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

Boolit Master
    I use the Dillon spray. Works well for me. It is lanolin and alcohol.
    swamp

Boolit Master

Dillon or Imperial Sizing Wax. Dillon for volume; Imperial is far less messy and nice to use for 20-50-100 rounds.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned

i make a psuedo dillon with 100% rubbing alcohol and 25% melted lanolin.
    i sub the 91% when i can't get the 100%.
    for smear lubing cases,or inside neck lubing, and for swaging.
    i use 2 parts lanolin and 1 part castor oil.
    it supplements the spray lube too.
    i can spritz the cases and use the swage lube to put a really thin smear on the cases to supplement and make sure the lube is really thin.

Boolit Master

Let me throw my .02 cents in. I am comparing this to two case lubes that I have used. I have used RCBS and Lee. Far superior to anything that I have used previously is Hornady Item number 050009. It is in a bottle. With about an ounce I lubed at least 2000 rifle cases using this lube and an RCBS Lube pad. The amount of force to resize cases is reduced by 80% and I don't think you could stick a case in a die if you wanted to. I am sold on this stuff but my experience is limited to 40 years of reloading. A bottle is $4.99 and I would guess that you could lube 10,000 case with a bottle.

Boolit Master
    Bullsize
    Do a search and check it out.