Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thompson Contender

Boolit Buddy
    I also had a 14" in .30 Herrett. While accurate with jacketed and cast I'd not do it again just because of all the work making cases
    This is exactly the reason I haven't done ANYTHING with a 14" Custom Shop .30 Herrett barrel I picked up months ago. I like the concept of the cartridge, and have tons of .30-30 cases, but case forming and reloading dies for the case are crazy expensive...you'll easily pay more for the dies than the barrel.

I've debated on having mine reamed to .30-30 AI, but can't make up my mind....may end up trading it for something else, as I already have several 14" .30-30 barrels.

If you want a 14" barrel then .35 Rem is the way to go...if you want a 10" barrel then 357 Max or 357 Herrett is way to go. By-the-way..my 10" 357 Herrett shoots 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards..Velocity with 158 grain JHP's is 1950 fps with no pressure signs using Reloader 7...

Boolit Master
    I shoot the NOE 37gr cast in my 223 and it shoots very well without a lot of blast or recoil. It goes about 11/2 " at 100. I would just use your 223 barrel unless you need more knockdown.

Boolit Master

I was never really happy with my 10 inch .30-30 barrel. I far prefer the 7TCU. I've got a 14 inch that lays them into just under 2 inch groups at 100 yards when shot from a bench. I've got the shoulder stock and a scoped carbine barrel in 7TCU too. It will keep them well under 1 inch. It actually shoots better than the .223 barrel!

Boolit Master
    35 Remington