Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: Browning BPCR in 40-65.

Boolit Mold

Browning BPCR in 40-65.

I have been using a Hoch nose pour mold that puts out a nice accurate bullet at about 430 grains. Some corrosion has caused the mold to cast ugly bullets. I am looking at replacing the mold. I'm thinking of a Snover type bullet. Do any of you more knowledgeable people than me have any suggestions on a good mold. I use smokeless powder, SRF4759. Thank you. Ken. e mail: kb1903@comcast.net.

Boolit Master

I think (?) this section "frequently asked questions" is more about how the forum works rather than specific reloading/casting questions. You will probably get some responses if posted in "Molds...Maintenance and Design", or similar.

Just a friendly observation on my part, and welcome to the forum.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Cast Boolits Owner

Thread moved.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Banned
    This might sound like a dumb question , but have you tried shooting the ugly bullets ? You have a good mold and sometimes looks aren't everything .

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
    This might sound like a dumb question , but have you tried shooting the ugly bullets ? You have a good mold and sometimes looks aren't everything .
    This makes sense to me. As long as you can get them in and out of the lubrisizer, I'd try them before buying another mold. Unless you just want an excuse to buy a new mold, in which case as long as you aren't taking food out of your kids' mouths, have at it.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master
    With childhood obesity being what it is, buy the mold.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I say buy a new mold and shoot the ugly ones for added fun and adventure too.
    we've been blessed in the past couple decades with an abundance of very high quality custom mold makers over the past decade or so and it only make sense to support them