Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, Mar. 01

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, Mar. 01

Good morning all. I am so blessed to have a fresh start to this week. Have a safe and blessed day.

Monday, March 1, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Miracle in Gethsemane

“Listen! The LORD’S arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call. It’s your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore.”
    —Isaiah 59:1–2

The last miracle that Christ performed before He went to the cross wasn’t raising Lazarus from the dead or healing someone who had leprosy. No, the last miracle He performed was returning an ear to the head of the high priest’s servant—an ear that His disciple, Simon Peter, had cut off with a sword.

When the temple guard and the Roman soldiers arrived in the Garden of Gethsemane to arrest Jesus, Simon Peter was so frustrated that he pulled out his sword and took a wild swing. And off came Malchus’s ear.

Peter probably was aiming for the servant’s head, honestly. But he was a fisherman, not a swordsman.

Now if I were Jesus, I would have said, “Buddy, you deserved what you got.” But instead, Jesus picked up the ear and returned it to Malchus’s head. It was kind of an unnoticed miracle and maybe even an unappreciated miracle. But this last miracle of Jesus covered up the blunder of a disciple.

God is good at cleaning up our messes—and we have our messes, don’t we?

If you want to cut off your connection with God, then leave your sin unconfessed. I’m not speaking of cutting off your relationship with God, but you can cut off your connection with Him. And the way to reestablish that connection is to ask the Lord to forgive you.

So when we’ve sinned, we need to say, “All right, Lord, I blew it here. I messed up. I’m sorry, and I don’t know how to fix it. But I’m asking You, Lord, to intervene in my life and turn this around somehow for Your glory.” Then, just watch what the Lord will do.

God can even use a mistake you’ve made to bring honor to His name. He can turn your mess into a message.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen and thank you for a great lesson!

Boolit Master
    Yes good lesson. Thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    My "problem" is that I tend to evaluate results/events based on my terms, not His terms. I cannot understand the purpose when bad things happen. At times, I wonder if it is simply a test of my faith.

Why can I not love all men. The ones who prey on the weak and victimize others. The abusers of women and children. Why do I carry a Glock to protecting me from evil and do not trust God?
    Don Verna

Boolit Bub
    Excellent.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I agree with the op , stay in contact , stay in prayer . Our Lord did not leave or abandon us . We are given the bridge of prayer , we are given the indwelling Holy Spirit . He not only listens to us but acts through us in his Spirit .
    No turning back , No turning back !