Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Sig P245 Opinions

Boolit Buddy

Sig P245 Opinions

I’ve got a chance to pickup a very nice P245. I’ve never owned or handled one. I’ve had Sig P320 and P239 and liked them but let them go.

This will be mostly a truck/bedside and maybe cold weather carry. It would get shot a lot. It would probably be fed the same as my 1911s, NOE 452423, Saeco #058, Saeco 453, and some Lee 200gr sec.

What are your experiences? What’s reliability like? Accuracy? Likes, dislikes, pros, cons, ect
    Thanks
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Buddy
    Its essentially a compact p220 made in Germany. Balanced better than the US made compact 220 though. Super reliable but I've never shot cast through it so can't help on that front. Its a bit thick for IWB, still can be done but not the most comfortable. OWB is much better but you probably already figured that since you specified cold weather carry. If you plan on carrying a 45 acp I think its the best one out there.

Boolit Master
    I used to have one and it was an EXCELLENT gun, but I got rid of it because it was a bad reminder of some things. I should have kept it. Accuracy, reliability, and overall performance was in the top 5 of any handguns I have ever shot.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master
    I carried a p245 a couple of years and mine was reliable and a good shooter my only complaint with sigs is my bad habit of riding the slide lock so the slide does not lock back all the time (totally my bad habit ) Another great choice in my opinion if you like SA/DA compacts is the Springfield XDE , the safety is also the decocker like the HK usp . They don't have the class of a Sig but work great and I shoot mine better than I did the Sig.
    If you like striker fired the 45 shield is also a great shooter I just prefer hammer guns .

Moderator Emeritus

I am becoming biased towards the Sigs. Was a S&W guy and have an Xdm also. My P229 357 sig just fits me perfectly for everything; grip, sights, etc. I just received a P220 in 45 that I may shoot today depending on the weather. Just really impressed with the Sigs so far. I would get her but I am becoming biased as I stated.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I am becoming biased towards the Sigs. Was a S&W guy and have an Xdm also. My P229 357 sig just fits me perfectly for everything; grip, sights, etc. I just received a P220 in 45 that I may shoot today depending on the weather. Just really impressed with the Sigs so far. I would get her but I am becoming biased as I stated.
    Ron
    Sigs have plenty to be biased about I only have 2 left now a P220 my bedside , and a P210 the best shooting out of the box 9mm I have had.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok thanks guys. I’m leaning towards the sig, but need to hold it and see how if fits in my hand
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Buddy
    I presently have a 220 Carry and a M-11 A1. Both are out standing. Have had many Sigs in the past and every one was the top auto I have ever had.

Boolit Grand Master
    If it fits your hand, you will like it! I had the opportunity to fire one the summer before last, and for me, unless you use the longer mag, it is just too small. However, it was very accurate and, being a SIG, it went bang every time, including some pretty big hollow point reloads that my shooting buddy had rigged up. I have a P-220 and a P-6, so I have no real need for one, but if one came down the road for a very reasonable price, I doubt I could keep myself from buying it.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    They are really nice guns, but let mine go before I started casting. I let mine go for a pre-64 Win 94, so I can't complain, but I still miss it. I definitely considered it an OWB gun, but I felt it was about the perfect size for carry. Big enough that shooting it wasn't too hard, small enough that concealing it wasn't too hard, light enough that carrying it wasn't too hard.

Banned
    I can't speak directly to that model but I can say that those older generation SIGs are excellent guns.
    That abbreviated grip would likely be nice in terms of carry and concealment but may be difficult to master when shooting; just speculating on that.
    The older generations SIGs have aluminum alloy frames and stamped steel sides. They were excellent pistols and the guns that SIG built their reputation on in America.
    The slide rails are long. The stamped slides have a separate breach block and nose piece fitted to the slide and are light but very durable.
    Those old SIG's will just flat out run.