Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for some info, is Rimfire Central Dead??

Boolit Master

Don’t know about RFC but I have a Glenfield Model 25 from the mid-60’s that is in many ways similar to the OP’s Ranger.
    The magazine looks identical, having a release push tab on the bottom back of each mag. No knurled takedown knob on mine. Back end of my bolt is rounded and my rifle has the grooves for a scope mount on receiver. I purchased three extra mags way back, seems they were $3.00 each.

over the years the Ranger marking was used by Montgomery Wards + others - it was found on both Marlin + Savage .22's going back to the late 20's -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master

Numrich Arms has a good schematic for the Marlin-Glenfield model “25 bolt action” and a not so good parts drawing for the Marlin model 80. I had to search through the drop down box in upper left corner of their site:
    Category > Gun Magazines > Magazines > Marlin-Glenfield > Model 25 Bolt Action.
    Interestingly they show reproduction magazines available for $55.23.
    I doubt dad spent more than $30.00 for my model 25 new, including the attached Glenfield 4X scope.
    Last edited by Bmi48219; 04-21-2024 at 02:43 PM.

just looked into RFC this morning, the topics that i used to post in - military trainers, Remington, Marlin, + legislation - quality has deteriorated greatly loaded with misinformation, opinions claimed as undocumented facts, + etc. - seems like only 2 or 3 older knowledgeable posters are stall participating - really a shame -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Quote Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
    just looked into RFC this morning, the topics that i used to post in - military trainers, Remington, Marlin, + legislation - quality has deteriorated greatly loaded with misinformation, opinions claimed as undocumented facts, + etc. - seems like only 2 or 3 older knowledgeable posters are stall participating - really a shame -
    Ya, happening on most of the websites anymore including this 1.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest r View Post
    Ya, happening on most of the websites anymore including this 1.

Quote Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
    jmho - this is still the best + well run !

as they say in latin

Boolit Master

I still visit daily. Only a couple areas that are of interest or if I'm looking for something. Definitely some keyboard types there. But, I do find some good information. And a few good posts on my current rifles.

I am a member there and have made only a couple of posts. I have always had a love of 22 Rimfire. I have some interest in collecting 22 cartridges and boxes and I think there is decent amount of collectors over there. I haven't visited in 6 months.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

I'm a member there with very few posts. I'm only interested in the old Mossbergs & 5-teen Remingtons. They have a few members that I consider experts on the Mossbergs & 2 in particular are very generous (if they have a part someone needs, they gift that part). One member in particular can repair old magazines. He repaired a magazine part for me @ no charge & sent it back to me with valuable installment information.

I just skip over the other stuff (I'm old & can't get interested in buying a 10-22, throwing away everything except the receiver & spending big bucks on something that looks like Flash Gordon dreamed up with a piece of glass on top that would be the envy of an star gazer).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12