Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Verbal selection

Boolit Master

Verbal selection

I shudder every time I hear the term "assault weapon". None of my firearms are carried with the intention of killing a human being, therefore I have no assault weapons. I have firearms. I shoot for sport. I target shoot, using paper targets and hunt. I don't run drills timing myself on shot placement, nor do I give a squat on how long it takes to both fill and empty a magazine. There is nothing I'm doing that can remotely be called assault. If ever I had to use my firearm for any other reason it would be defense. So I'm asking the collective minds of this forum to consider how the use of certain language may be used to help cripple our sport. Be careful what you say. We are already in trouble, don't help them.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master

Assault weapons by definition fire more than bullet per trigger pull. Three round burts and full auto. Its funny because in my weapons training we were taught to never use it. Its highly inaccurate and waste full. I guess its ment more for cover fire. Golly is it fun though.

That said assault weapons have bee illegal since before I was borne I believe. Becase the Clinton ban that expired only extend the ban to military looking semi autos.. Now assault weapons is a just scary term tossed around as a shock and scare tactic for military looking firearms. Frankly I would be more scared of 30-06 semi auto than a 223. It would suck to be shot with anything in my opinion but I won't have much shoulder left if hit with a 30-06 round or two. Frankly a gun is a gun and a semi auto is just a semi auto. The outward appearance means nothing. A semi auto browning in 3006 is way more powerful than an AR15 and deadlier. Non-gun folk don't under stand that. The think military style semi autos are these murder deaths rays. When in reality all guns are the same.

All my guns are ment to kill and destroy. Not murder. There is a difference. To murder is to kill with malicious intent. I take no pride in ending somethings existence. I get twange of guilt and remorse when hunting. Sure its fun and I love it. But I still took somethings life to extend my own and that feels selfish and sad because something had to die for me to live. That makes guns one thing, a tool. A tool designed to kill and destroy. How that tool is used depends on the person's who hands the guns is in. Guns don't murder people. People murder people. Criminals murder people. I used murder, killing someone in self defense is not murder. There was no malicious or pre planned intent.

If someone breaks into my house my guns aren't ment to be paper weights for display peices. If they were hungry and desperate they should have knocked and asked. Otherwise you get shot and we are all gonna have a bad day. I will see them in court.

Yes I train and practice. I also get graded on my marks manship at work.. Shooting is fun and I greatly enjoy it. Those perfect targets will be used against you in court so no head shots. Body shots only. You dont shoot to kill. You shoot to remove a threat and you keep shooting until the threat is over.

The only thing I have murder was a snake and paper. I felt bad about the snake for a week.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Guns are bad.
    Last edited by Idaho45guy; 02-27-2021 at 04:27 AM.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by daengmei View Post
    I shudder every time I hear the term "assault weapon". None of my firearms are carried with the intention of killing a human being, therefore I have no assault weapons. I have firearms. I shoot for sport. I target shoot, using paper targets and hunt. I don't run drills timing myself on shot placement, nor do I give a squat on how long it takes to both fill and empty a magazine. There is nothing I'm doing that can remotely be called assault. If ever I had to use my firearm for any other reason it would be defense. So I'm asking the collective minds of this forum to consider how the use of certain language may be used to help cripple our sport. Be careful what you say. We are already in trouble, don't help them.
    Well you call them by that name in your post. I do not see it anywhere else except in the reference to how the left deliberately misidentify them.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

Who here uses that term? AR stands for "ArmaLite Rifle". Personally I'd love to have an StG 44, but that ain't gonna happen unless I hit the powerball jackpot.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

Well, I was trained with asuallt weapons, M16 A1s, A2s, and A4s. I have what could be classified as "Assault Rifles " in my safes. NOT! They are semiautomatic sporting rifles for fun
    & use. Just neat to have.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Ok, I will jump in here. I do have assault rifles, shotguns, hand guns, and even assault bows. And the 2nd Amendment is designed to protect my assault weapons. The 2nd has NOTHING to do with sporting arms, and EVERYTHING to do with military grade weapons. The Federal Government has been infringing on the 2nd Amendment for decades, with all their NFA laws. They need to change it so those who have lost their rights are the ones who are prevented from exercising them, not the rest of us who should not only be left alone, but helped equip ourselves the way our founding fathers meant us to be.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Moderator Emeritus

Just call them copies of assault weapons because that is all they are.

Boolit Master

The "ORIGINAL" Assault weapon:

Attachment 278644

The words "Shall Not Be Infringed" were placed into the 2nd Amendment during the period when this Assault Weapon was the cutting Edge Technology of Militaries across the World. Our Founding Fathers intended that "We the People" would be as well armed today as they were in their period.

Attachment 278647

We should see more of this - not less.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I don't own any assault weapons. However, I do own firearms with which to explain the error of ways to any transgressors at a distance.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I prefer the term "sturmgewehr".

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Ok, I will jump in here. I do have assault rifles, shotguns, hand guns, and even assault bows. And the 2nd Amendment is designed to protect my assault weapons. The 2nd has NOTHING to do with sporting arms, and EVERYTHING to do with military grade weapons. The Federal Government has been infringing on the 2nd Amendment for decades, with all their NFA laws. They need to change it so those who have lost their rights are the ones who are prevented from exercising them, not the rest of us who should not only be left alone, but helped equip ourselves the way our founding fathers meant us to be.
    Replace "decades" with centuries, and I'll mostly agree with you. Didn't start with the NFA, either. That is just when the Federal Government got bold with it. I do, however, own an assault weapon. It's a 15" Crescent wrench. If I have to use it, someone is going to know about it. Tools and weapons are devices for the manipulation of energy. Only difference between them is the intent of the user.

You can argue terminology all you want, the gun grabbers really don’t care. While all of us don’t have military grade weapons, most of us have some that look like them. If they want to demonize the way they look, change the look.

The sheep eat what they are fed

Boolit Master

As I have said before, I don't own any 'assault weapons,' I have Defense Weapons. Defense of my life, and the lives of those around me. Defense of my Liberty, and the Liberty of those around me. That is consistent with my Pursuit of Happiness.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Break the word down correctly.

It's Assault. Our weapons

The media coined the term in the late 90sas a scare tactic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Banned

I don’t own any “assault “ weapons...........mine are all defense weapons!

Boolit Master
    Yep, me too.

Men have proved that a lie told often enough can (and has) become "truth".
    Been happening for a long time.
    NRA Benefactor

I lost everything in a boating accident.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with