Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Sometimes you find a gem on youtube. 1911 training video

Boolit Man

Sometimes you find a gem on youtube. 1911 training video

I've been pretty much relegated to being stuck in the house since September 2019. A guy at work dropped a box on my head and managed to break a few vertebrae and blow out some discs, FUN. Comp is such a wonderful invention I've gone through physical therapy, shots, and surgeries after they fight you to get anything done. With all this free time and not being able to do much in the way of physical activity i've been online a lot more than any person should be. Youtube for me is either hit or miss, but lately I've been watching a lot of the classic videos Our gang, Abbott and Costello, fatty Arbuckle, ect. While watching these videos old news reels started to pop into my recommendations. That's where I found this WWII era 1911 Army training video. Hopefully someone finds this video interesting.

Wouldn't pass a NRA class now - finger on the trigger before sighting. 45cal tracers, neat.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Wouldn't pass a NRA class now - finger on the trigger before sighting. 45cal tracers, neat.
    They weren't too good at watching where they swept the muzzle either. It shows how much gun safety has changed. I enjoyed the video, though.
    Last edited by high standard 40; 02-26-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tai95 View Post
    I've been pretty much relegated to being stuck in the house since September 2019. A guy at work dropped a box on my head and managed to break a few vertebrae and blow out some discs, FUN. Comp is such a wonderful invention I've gone through physical therapy, shots, and surgeries after they fight you to get anything done. With all this free time and not being able to do much in the way of physical activity i've been online a lot more than any person should be. Youtube for me is either hit or miss, but lately I've been watching a lot of the classic videos Our gang, Abbott and Costello, fatty Arbuckle, ect. While watching these videos old news reels started to pop into my recommendations. That's where I found this WWII era 1911 Army training video. Hopefully someone finds this video interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7J-JNSUu4

Here's The same footage but speed corrected and better quality. Dude has a great repository of old documentary and advertisement footage!

Watch the first minute or so and you can really tell the difference!

Great old stuff, quiet entertaining.

Sorry to hear of your accident and wish you a full recovery. I'm retired now, but through my work history most of the men I've seen maimed or killed on the job, wasn't due to their their own fault.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    That was neat to watch, thanks for sharing. Hope you have a speedy and full recovery

Thanks for posting this. It really dates me, but that's the first two-handed hold I learned! Something else that has changed-- not a good idea to look into the window when passing it like the one fellow did! I enjoyed it.

DG

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post

Here's The same footage but speed corrected and better quality. Dude has a great repository of old documentary and advertisement footage!

Watch the first minute or so and you can really tell the difference!
    Thanks, now I have more to watch. It definitely is a sad state when 70 plus year old films with limited production abilities are way more entertaining that the computer generated multi million dollar thing being produced now.

Quote Originally Posted by tai95 View Post
    Thanks, now I have more to watch. It definitely is a sad state when 70 plus year old films with limited production abilities are way more entertaining that the computer generated multi million dollar thing being produced now.
    There are tons of independent artists out there making really neat content for their smaller, more nice audiences. Your tastes for media may be different than mine, but I've found plenty of channels that provide great, well produced content on fairly small budgets in comparison to conglomerate media.

Boolit Master

I've had no military training but the cup and saucer hold was my first introduction to handguns.

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune. Prayers to your return to full health.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Man
    Cool video, thanks for posting!

Boolit Buddy
    The Captain in the film look like Jeff Cooper. I wonder if it was him.

They are cool to watch. I've gotten sucked into watching a pile of them old military videos on youtube

Boolit Master
    What a great old video for me. Uncle Sam put me thru this training in 1967. A few changes but still fairly close to the vid. No hearing protection at all but at least the 45acp wasn't too bad. The M2 Browning with no hearing protection just about did me in.