RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you protect lubed Rifle Cartrige from picking up dust & Dirt while in your poc

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Dunno it appeals to anyone other than me, but I "tumble lube" without the tumble part. Tried it once the regular way and said "nevermore".
    So what I do is fill a small container to the height appropriate for the bullet and dip the base to the upper drive band and set it on a bit of wax paper to dry a little. After that is done I wipe the bullet bases on a paper towel and set them aside for about an hour.

The next step is to size, then lightly dust them with a graphite/motor mica mix and they are ready for loading. Short answer to your question, I do carry them in my pocket and they gather no lint or dirt. I do this with all bullets for smokeless loads.
    Whow, nice locking Bullets !

Cheers

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Lint shouldn't matter much, but if some sand or other abrasive gets into lube on the bullet's surface - that could be hard on your barrel.

Boolit Master

Unless you use some "guarantee" to prevent intrusion, there is always unseen lint, pollen, dirt, even sand swilling around sometimes that can come into contact with and then reside in your barrel. The foreign contaminants that may become trapped in exposed lube on the few rounds that will be loaded straight from your pocket are inconsequential, unless you make it a habit to shoot EVERY round straight from your pocket.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

First off, great looking bullets.
    What is that great looking short stubby round?

Boolit Buddy
    A wildcat sorta. .357 case necked to .30 for use exclusively with cast bullets. Not an original idea, it’s been done a few different ways by others. Is my hog whacker.

Boolit Master
    I carry boolit ammo in a snap-top cartridge carrier. My variations of these holders accept 6-10 rounds each. They keeps the rounds clean and secured from rattling together to announce my presence.

Boolit Master
    I have a few of the military leather pouches that came with my Yugo m48, one came with it and is in such nice shape, that I called up the dealer and asked if he had any spares in nice shape. Said he would check for spares so when he called and said he had a couple I bought them. So have 3 double pouch for 8mm if you use stripper clips. And one for 7.65x53mm. Used to have one of the leather pouches that held two of the red federal plastic cartridge holders for 30-06 but donated a lot of my old match stuff to a marine who made it home and wanted to get into high power shooting. Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12