Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Wish Ruger Would Make...

A 22-250 in the 77 MK II or/and American with a 1-8 twist.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    The medium frame flattop, blued steel, with twin cylinders for .40 S&W and 10mm Auto.
    Rule 303

Boolit Master

The following changes to the Gunsite Scout Rifle:

1. Offer in .358 Winchester.

2. Get rid of the #&$*%(^&ing detachable magazine in favor of a traditional hinged floorplate.

3. Cut the receiver for a stripper clip guide for those that choose to run iron sights or a forward-mounted optic.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Drm50, sent a letter once to Ruger asking that they make a #1 with a target style buttstock and a heavy long barrel (28") for either the 32-40 or 38-55. This was long before they did hammer forge their own barrels. They were kind enough to reply basically saying that my suggestion didn't fit in with their demographics and sales would be very small. But wishing against hopes that one day they will make a bolt action 32-20. even if only a single shot. Frank

A 77 in .32 H&R
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Master

An Old Navy .36 built on the small Vaquero frame.

Boolit Mold
    I would like a ruger no 3 in 44
    A no 1 in 348 win .
    American centerfire with met sights .
    Single action revolvers that didnt shoot so high.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I received word from high up that the target roll out date for the new Marlin Leverguns will be end of 3rd quarter beginning of 4th quarter this year.

They are not fooling around and intend to make the best Marlin Leverguns ever made!

Randy
    well im not holding my breath on that one. Ive owned a PILE of guns in my life and have had more bad rugers then every other brand combined. Yes ive owned more of them so its not a cut and dry comparison but even if i take centerfire rifles and throw out the bad and broken handguns ive sent back and just compare them to rems and wins the rem and wins have been hands down better guns in both fit and finish and accuracy. Marlins? Ive had a bunch of them too. Only problem ive ever had with ANY marlin ive owned was a 94 44 mag that broke the firing pin. Now that said my guns are road hard and put away wet and a 1000 rounds isnt a lifetime its a break in. I have a buddy whos marlins make mine look like break ins and he will tell you the same. Seems (not say its you) that anyone on the internet that wants to pretend they know guns bashes either marlins or model 700s. To me its about like saying that polaris is going to start making yamaha atvs so they will now be better. Ruger is NOT a high end gun manufacturer. They make some cool stuff but even there existing lever guns arent any better then a 94 marlin if that good.

I wish Ruger would just start making the #3 rifle again. Chambered in pistol & rifle cartridges.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pertnear View Post
    I wish Ruger would just start making the #3 rifle again. Chambered in pistol & rifle cartridges.
    Me to.

I'm with Old Salt. "The Deerstalker semiauto .44 Magnum"

And this one.
    "pistol caliber carbine in .357 magnum"

I have both .44's and .357s in single shots but I would likely spend good money for a good solid semi auto in both.
    Ideally with the ability to easily add a Red Dot sight or low variable scope.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

I almost forgot. They can stop with the dreaded thread choke and time they want to.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I’d like a Deerstalker-ish rifle in 10mm. Something more M-1 carbine like than PCC.

Banned

lever action 300 blackout with a rotary mag that actually works not the peace of junk rotary mag they use in the american.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pertnear View Post
    make mine a 250 savage.

Boolit Master
    One thing Ruger marketing must be considering is that for the foreseeable future their only market is going to be to reloaders, and then only until the primers run out. GF

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bowfin View Post
    I would also like to see a Ruger 10/22 with a 1:9" barrel twist. I know I can buy a barrel, but I hate to tear apart a gun just to make a different gun.
    You don't have to tear down one to build one.

I'm building a new 10/22 and the only Ruger part will be a spare trigger pack I had sitting around.

Brownell's sells a receiver https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod116208.aspx Out of stock right now but you can back order it. You can get bolts from several sources. https://www.jwhcustom.com/ JWH makes a good bolt that's not stupid expensive like some.

Order a Hornet trigger pack on eBay and you're pretty much set except for the stock. I went with an Adaptive Tactical for my latest build.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Lots of ideas here. But they have to be able to make money building guns. Some of the guns requested here would sell less than 100 per year. Not even worth the cost of the boxes for them.

A company like Ruger needs to be able to sell enough to cover the cost of the molds for the wax masters they use in the casting process. Then there's the cost of the mandrel for the hammer forged barrels. Both of these items are stupid expensive.

Things like the 44 mag carbine were built to serve a niche hunting product. That niche is now filled with modern sporting rifles in cartridges like the 350 Legend, 450 Bushmaster, and 45 Raptor.

No company stops making a product that's selling and making a profit.

I'll say this. I'd be very surprised if Ruger ever brings back the 39A. There's not just much market for a ~$700 lever action 22 rifle.....the thing that would change that would be a federal ban on semiauto rifles. The 39A suffers because people think it should be less expensive than a centerfire lever gun because it's a 22. That's not true, the cost of production is about the same for both versions.
    NRA Benefactor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    make mine a 250 savage.
    Yes, please.. And a 30-30 and .35 Remington or 38-55. With a normal forend and shotgun butt, please.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Pc9 in 45acp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast