Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Wish Ruger Would Make...

Boolit Master
    Burnt Fingers' post #38 is spot on. Don't look for new products that won't significantly boost sales numbers. I'd like to see some modest design changes for existing models. Like screwed on front sights on their revolvers, instead of soldered on, and make different heights available as an accessory item. This would solve the issues of a particular gun shooting too high or too low and it would not require a huge investment in their manufacturing process. Example: Stainless Blackhawks have a screwed on front sight and blued models are soldered on. Just make them all screwed on. I'd also like to see a better adjustable rear sight, at least as an accessory.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pertnear View Post
    I wish Ruger would just start making the #3 rifle again. Chambered in pistol & rifle cartridges.
    This. Particularly .357 Magnum.

Boolit Master

Apparently, they moved all of the Marlin tools and machinery to their Mayodan, NC plant. Supposed to have Marlin rifles available by Christmas...

"Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Blackhawk in .357 Maximum
    77/357 maximum
    And/or a lever gun in .350L or .357 Max
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by thegatman View Post
    Pc9 in 45acp
    According to my monthly request it's not going to happen. They don't believe the market is there. One of the engineers I spoke to at an event said they didn't think they could even cover the cost of the engineering. He told me that starting from scratch it costs them in the low eight figures to bring a new design to market.

It would have to be a totally different firearm than the current 9mm, so they would need to be able to cover that eight figure nut in a reasonable amount of time.

I put myself on the "notify me" list for one of these https://www.primaryarms.com/fm-produ...3-pa-exclusive

I got it a couple of months back. It has scratched that 45 ACP carbine/braced pistol itch. It's tons of fun, and very accurate.
    NRA Benefactor.

Marlin camp carbine .45

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shua View Post
    Marlin camp carbine .45
    had one and wasnt impressed. Much rather a ruger pc in 45.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I would like to see a Ruger #1.5 rifle. Between a #1 & #3 with rifle length barrels in some moderate cartridges and rifle friendly to target type sights & scope mounting.
    Agreed, would like a #1 scaled to 3/4 size like an English Rook rifle in 22 L.R., 25-20, 32-20, 38Special and such small calibers.

Bring back the SSM in .32 H&R
    An American bolt action with open sights and hardwood stock. Make it a blind mag if doable.

Boolit Master
    Burnt Fingers' post #38 is spot on. Don't look for new products that won't significantly boost sales numbers.
    That's all fine and well, but sales managers are no better at predicting the future than most of us. Case in point: Colt steadfastly refused to reintroduce the Colt Python because they thought it wasn't going to make them any money. Two years after FINALLY reintroducing it, they still haven't caught up with backorders and they still sell for well over retail.

Boolit Master
    But, have they made enough money to pay for all the engineering and setup? Probably not yet. And Colt is not getting all the 'over retail' sales dollars.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’d like a Deerstalker-ish rifle in 10mm. Something more M-1 carbine like than PCC.
    Excellent choice!! Me too.

Boolit Master
    But, have they made enough money to pay for all the engineering and setup? Probably not yet. And Colt is not getting all the 'over retail' sales dollars.
    As a manufacturer, one really can't do better than sell everything coming off a particular production line with no let up in sight, can they? Everything in business some sort of risk...including NOT doing something new or different.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    Blackhawk in .357 Maximum
    77/357 maximum
    And/or a lever gun in .350L or .357 Max
    Ruger's official position is that the .357 Max Blackhawk is inherently unsafe. If you send them one to work on, they destroy it as a matter of policy. I seriously doubt that you'll ever see new production guns from Ruger.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

A double barrel rifle on the Red Label Shotgun frame.

USMC E-5 69-72
    Paypal is an anti-2nd amendment organization

Boolit Master
    Improved Marlins, enlarge the barrel thread, make it a 'standard' v-thread, lengthen action similar to the McPherson mods, do all the 'other stuff' that is done to Marlin's as 'improvement' before full production starts.

Single shot #3 in 44 Magnum or 30/30, please.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123