Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS mail delay

Boolit Grand Master

USPS mail delay

I have some stuff coming, so I check everyday.
    Just noticed a "Due to severe weather, packages may be delayed."
    According to the tracking, it's suppose to be delivered yesterday.
    But is delayed.
    But my amazon order came in less than a week.
    I know the USPS tracking is kind of a joke, but it's something.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a check out that should have arrived 3 or 4 days ago. I am waiting on a FedEx that is a couple of days past delivery date.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    We still mail some checks to pay bills, it’s like they all evaporated last month.

Boolit Buddy

I have packages mailed from friends that are now 2-3 weeks old but Amazon keeps coming in. It makes zero sense to me.

It almost seems like the USPS is prioritizing Amazon and then delivering the rest as time and resources permit. Our small local PO is chock full of Amazon packages.

Boolit Man

In some areas Amazon runs their own delivery vehicles. But even when they don't the turnaround they can pull off is nuts.

With USPS orders from half way across the country, five days late, weather delay and no updates; orders from the west coast are as scheduled.

After an entire day of sitting in the mailbox, I ended up hand delivering my mail to the post office, hadn't received deliver by evening of that second day. I guess these days daily pickup is "optional" even when the last weather was a week back. Adding insult to injury, I've had delays in receiving shipping label QR codes via email (though with ebay involved, who knows). Man it's frustrating.

I bought some scope rings from eBay and tracking showed they went through the accepting PO 2/17 and no movement since. I see the same weather delay warning. Day of delivery is long past.

Boolit Master
    I didn't receive mail for a week! Yesterday I was talking to my mail carrier, and asked if he was just scared to try and go into the deep snow at the mall box, he said the local office hadn't gotten a delivery truck in 4 days! I noticed the USPS don't use that old slogan about nothing stopping the US mail!

Boolit Master

I've had a FedEx package sitting in PA for over a week. There are lots of things lacking on the shelves of our Walmart. I surmise the big trucks aren't moving. Like others here, our Amazon packages are arriving in a timely manner.

Moderator Emeritus

Had several times where our small post office never got a delivery from the hub. Everyone blames covid first, then the weather. I have packages that have sat in the PA hub for weeks. Ridiculous.

Boolit Master
    I have a package that has sat in NC for 5 days according to the tracking, I have no idea when I will receive it.

Boolit Master
    I have a package coming that was sent on the 16th. It went to Chicago on the 17 and has been sitting there since. Yesterday I went to the local PO and asked why it hasn't moved in a week. She started with covid, then the weather, then she said they are now filling trailers with mail going from one hub through another hub to a third hub without it being scanned at each hub so they don't know where mail really is.

I sent a PO MO to a member here for some goods but after a week with no package on the way I sent a PM and he still hasn't received the MO. USPS sucks.

UPS and Fed Ex stuff is still coming as normal.

Boolit Master
    I too have a package "in route" according to the USPS.
    It was SUPPOSED to be here last week. I think I recall the delivery day WAS scheduled for the 17th. Still "in transit." The first notice said it "would be late" and then it changed to a different message.
    Yet,, I've mailed other stuff,, AFTER it was supposed to be here,, and that stuff has already arrived at it's destination.

Apparently,, some USPS places are so overwhelmed,, combined with whimpy attitudes,, that the service is basically gone down the tubes.
    Just yesterday,, one of our local carrier guys,, I saw him in the PO,, and he made a comment; "This job isn't anything like it was when he first started."
    Luckily,, at my PO,, we have some fairly good folks. But the SYSTEM,, especially the hubs & such,, has gone to crap. When the USPS "downsized" and reduced the number of hubs,, it started. And the "fix" has NOT worked.

Boolit Master
    will be interesting to see what happens with Biden ousting usps board of governors who will in turn replace postmaster general.
    hope it don't get no worst

Boolit Master
    I have several packages that have been in transit for over a week, some showing no movement for days at a time...Which begs the question "where is USPS warehousing all of these packages?"
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master

It took UPS two weeks to deliver an "overnight" package to me, it arrived yesterday.

My mold from MP is being delivered by USPS today. It was ordered Monday,

Last week Amazon didn't deliver anything. This week they dumped it all on the Postal Service.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

We actually had a package show tracking information for a location it was never at:

Shipped from Indiana
    Arrived at Indianapolis the next day
    2 days later it arrived in Minneapolis
    1 day later it Arrived in Oak Creek, WI (where most of our packages go through a day or 2 before delivery)
    1 day later it arrived back in Minneapolis
    Literally 1 HOUR LATER is was scanned back in Indianapolis
    Then it was delivered the next day.

Well, I've not had any issues with USPS until about 2 weeks ago and a bunch of shipments just ground to a halt. This was before the storm.
    I also had a UPS shipment that got hung up for 10 days at my local terminal because of the storm.... still waiting on a small package for my wife USPS from the DC area that should have made it by Friday or Saturday latest..... oh well

Boolit Master
    I have two UPS supposed to come in tomorrow. One is on the truck out for delivery. The other is on the way to the hub before mine so should be here tomorrow. I have my driver in my phone. If he has a problem he will text me to let me know. That's service you don't get everywhere.

I'm going to my friends Saturday to use his tire machine. If his wife is home I'll ask her about USPS. She works for them.

Bought a used Dillon SS 600 from a guy in Texas. Shipped out Priority Mail on the 13th and didn't arrive til the 23rd. Tracking did not update until the day before delivery. Glad I didn't have to deal with USPS over a lost package/insurance as I hear that can be a nightmare.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast