Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: WTB: RCBS Hand Primer Tool

Boolit Man

WTB: RCBS Hand Primer Tool

Looking to buy a RCBS "Universal" hand priming tool. The one that "does not require" use of the shell holder. It has the square primer holding tray. New or slightly used is preferred ( with all the parts and pieces if possible). Let me know what you have .

Boolit Master
    Howdy,
    I have a RCBS hand priming tool. It isn't the Universal as far as I know. Plus,, it has the round primer tray,, and it's missing a few small parts. But,, it's yours for free if we can meet up in or around the Asheville area.
    If interested,, I can dig it out & see what it needs. RCBS will often replace such stuff that may be missing for free.

I have 2, sorry neither is for sale. One set for large, one small. No more changing parts.

https://www.amazon.com/RCBS-90201-Un.../dp/B000KKB86A

Price has doubled since I bought mine. Cabela's had them for half of Amazon.

" Universal hand priming tool
    Includes accessories to seat large and small rifle or pistol primers
    The removable primer tray orients your primers for use and will fit any manufacturers' primer packaging
    Combines features found on our other two hand priming tools into one convenient package
    The universal shell holder will accept cases from .32 ACP to .45-70 Government
    Patented safety gate isolates the primer seating operation from the primer supply virtually eliminating the possibility of tray detonation
    Removable primer tray orients your primers for use and will fit any manufacturers’ primer packaging
    Includes accessories to seat large and small rifle or pistol primers "

Buy 2, set them once and done.

Mine works perfect from .32acp to .444marlin brass. It did not like the .410 brass shotgun cases. But everything else works perfect.

Once a year put a dab of Imperial Sizing wax on the vertical shaft that moves. Keeps things working smooth and easy.
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 02-25-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy
    Give me some time to dig around and see what I got.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    Howdy,
    I have a RCBS hand priming tool. It isn't the Universal as far as I know. Plus,, it has the round primer tray,, and it's missing a few small parts. But,, it's yours for free if we can meet up in or around the Asheville area.
    If interested,, I can dig it out & see what it needs. RCBS will often replace such stuff that may be missing for free.
    Thanks for the offer, I have a couple guys looking for the Universal model. I am trying to set up a second one (one for small and the other for large)

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I have 2, sorry neither is for sale. One set for large, one small. No more changing parts.

https://www.amazon.com/RCBS-90201-Un.../dp/B000KKB86A

Price has doubled since I bought mine. Cabela's had them for half of Amazon.

" Universal hand priming tool
    Includes accessories to seat large and small rifle or pistol primers
    The removable primer tray orients your primers for use and will fit any manufacturers' primer packaging
    Combines features found on our other two hand priming tools into one convenient package
    The universal shell holder will accept cases from .32 ACP to .45-70 Government
    Patented safety gate isolates the primer seating operation from the primer supply virtually eliminating the possibility of tray detonation
    Removable primer tray orients your primers for use and will fit any manufacturers’ primer packaging
    Includes accessories to seat large and small rifle or pistol primers "

Buy 2, set them once and done.

Mine works perfect from .32acp to .444marlin brass. It did not like the .410 brass shotgun cases. But everything else works perfect.

Once a year put a dab of Imperial Sizing wax on the vertical shaft that moves. Keeps things working smooth and easy.
    That is what I am trying to do

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by redriverhunter View Post
    Give me some time to dig around and see what I got.
    Yes just let me know- Thanks!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    Howdy,
    If the OP isn't interested in this, I would like it and would cover shipping.
    Sent you a PM.

John

Boolit Bub
    Optics and Ammo has them $68 free shipping

https://opticsandammo.com/product/rc...ool-mfg-90201/
    Temper is a quality that at a critical moment brings out the best in steel and the worst in people.

I have one you could get for $40 shipped. It has primed exactly 20 cases - I bought it for my 416 Rigby and I sold the Rigby. It has the option for large primers. If it had a small primers option, I may have lost it. I'd also trade even up for an old Lee hand priming tool.

Mine requires that you use the same shell holder that you use on your press and it has a round, not square priming tray.
    Last edited by dakota; 02-25-2021 at 04:07 PM.

USMC E-5 69-72
    Paypal is an anti-2nd amendment organization

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIARPATCH View Post
    Optics and Ammo has them $68 free shipping

https://opticsandammo.com/product/rc...ool-mfg-90201/
    That site is a scam!!!
    https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/houston/pr...-0915-90049984

Boolit Man
    Thanks to all who responded, I think I have located one.