Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Lady up in Washington state needs to find a local Reloader

Boolit Buddy

Lady up in Washington state needs to find a local Reloader

Hello everyone, just joined up here and I'm trying to put a Lady from Washington State in touch with a local Reloader/caster in her area.
    She is over on Gab. Handle is Skybluethink.
    She shoots 38SPL and is need of ammo, yes I know, so is everyone else.

If it was allowed and practical I drive over and catapult a bag of ammo over the wall for her.
    We still have ample components here. It's USA parts that are the problem.

I'm waiting on a Lyman luber-sizer and was told 6 to 8 months for items to come to Canada.
    Not sure when the US/can border will open up again.
    Anyhow see if you can help. Thanks in advance and play nice.
    Last edited by Polymath; 02-25-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    To sell reloads, that "person in question" will have to be an FFL holder.

You can teach to cast, you can help to cast, you can teach to reload, you can help to reload. But you cannot sell completed reloads without a federal license.....LEGALLY!

And I doubt anyone these days is very willing to just give ammo away to anybody!!!!!!!!

It's a tough world out there for those just now getting into guns and ammo (commercial or home brew). I have been stockpiling "stuff" for over 20 years.

Hang in there. History repeats itself. Times will change. Someday.

Hi Polymath, and welcome to the CB Forum! We hope this isn't just a one time visit to accomplish a mission. We like new members with new ideas and new information, and there's a wealth of both to be had here.

Just an off chance-- if the lady happens to be going to travel down into Oregon I would gift her a few boxes of .38s. I live off Hwy. 97 south of Chemult, OR. and do a lot of reloading. So far, I'm not pinched for components.

DG

Boolit Master

Well I went over there and I could not find such user , but I am not a member , in what area of Wa. state ? p.m. if you want I load 38 special and do not mind helping someone depending on their need and or political views .

Boolit Master
    If you sit on some of the ammo sites you can catch them when they come in stock or some still do an email when they get stock in. Just need to be reallly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Well I went over there and I could not find such user , but I am not a member , in what area of Wa. state ? p.m. if you want I load 38 special and do not mind helping someone depending on their need and or political views .
    I live on the other side of the Cascades - almost to Idaho. I have an idea who this lady might be. Prolly not but I know someone who fits her description. I also looked on Gab but I'm not a member either. If she's in my area let me know. I'll ask her next time I see her.

Boolit Master
    $40 for a box of 50 sucks but keep watching Ammoseek.com

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for getting back to me

https://gab.com/SkyBlueThink
    Meme war veteran, freedom enthusiast, President Trump supporter. We won by a lot! Never give up.
    -Avid hiker and outdoor person, Tolkien fan, hobbit-worthy cook. Located in Western Washington State.
    -Open to potential marriage proposals from middle-aged MAGA men.
    -My dream is to live in freedom on my own land, far from the interference of extreme leftists.

Seems decent enough and I don't believe she looking for huge amounts.
    Just something to practice and defend herself with.

I know all about the selling of ammo and needing the FFL, maybe she can fill your car with gas.

Drop me a line and I'll forward it to her that is all I can do.

Oh and about the FFL. Do you think for a second that your Government is now obeying the laws of the Constitution? Cause the second the SHTF all laws will be null and void. I think about my reloading and ponder the same things.

Polymath
    Last edited by Polymath; 02-25-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Drop me an email and I'll forward it to her Thanks,

So I'm new new but been reading the site for years. Now maybe I'll be able to see all those pictures.

Anyway I'm up here in Alberta, Been casting for 6 years, loading for 7. Today was out at the range rebuilding pistol backstops and picking up trash. The grader got in to move snow last week so it has some where to run when it melts.
    Our range is open year round and we have 700 members. there is a 300yd, 200 yd, 100yd, 50 rifle benches, a 10 bay pistol alley, a beast in a bunker auto launcher for trap and a stand alone trap thrower. On the other side of the property we have an Archery lanes, as well a walking paths for archery tourneys where you sneak around the bush and arrow targets .

We have enough components up here it's the parts coming out the states that we have to wait for. I am able to get 38 SL brass 2 weeks ago but 357 mag is a 3 month wait from Starline.

Scrounged 300 lbs of wheel weights last week and in the process of making ingots. out of that I will get 112 lbs clip on and 100 of stick on lead. Got a guy near here who is a caster too. needs 80 lbs. I do a run around to the tire shops twice a year.

polymath
    Last edited by Polymath; 02-25-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Boolit Master
    It's a trap.

Boolit Buddy
    She doesn't want to waste time on learning to fish, or catching the fish - she just wants the fish?

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks to all who replied, she has some 38Spl now, or at least lined up.
    No I don't believe it's a trap. Been emailing her. I know her name.
    And some good did come out of all this. I may have a line on a used luber-sizer from a gent in BC for cost of shipping.
    I don't believe in Karma but I'll take it anyway.
    Good to see some good hearted folks still in the midst of the Plandemic.
    Take care guys, and thanks again.
    Polymath

Boolit Master

You can reload ammo for someone else, as long as they supply the brass.
    Sounds kind of stupid, but that's the law. You can charge for your bullets,
    powder, primers, etc.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    You can reload ammo for someone else, as long as they supply the brass.
    Sounds kind of stupid, but that's the law. You can charge for your bullets,
    powder, primers, etc.
    STUPID...............Just like many of our"laws" on the books!

Glad she got fixed up. Scrounging ammo these days can be tricky. Most who cast, do it for themselves and rarely want to share "at no charge" due the scarcity of primers and some powders.

I am always willing to help train and mentor those that want to learn the craft. But I do not sell my home brew ammo! No body in their right mind would want to shoot "wild-horse" loads by some unknown person.....I know I sure do not.....no matter how scarce our "hen's teeth" (primers) are getting these days.

Be safe.................

Boolit Master
    I'm always ready to help someone learn to reload and will sell enough components at normal retail price for them to have a couple of boxes for hunting/defense. I do not reload for others nor sell ammo I reloaded nor shoot ammo reloaded by others.

Legal and liability issues are more than I want to mess with.

Boolit Master
    She should join a suitable forum such as this one and learn the craft.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”