MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: Lyman #311467

Boolit Mold

Lyman #311467

Greetings all,

I recently came into possession of some old casting equipment including a Lyman #311467 & Lyman #311413. The #311467 has a number of bullets already cast and ready to be sized, gas checked & loaded. I plan on reloading them in 30-06 Springfield. In referencing the Lyman cast bullet manual, I was unable to find data for either model of bullet, although data for bullets of similar or same weight were available. My question is if the data for a bullet of different model and same weight would be sufficient or if I should look elsewhere for data, and if so, where? Any information would be very greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Boolit Master
    That's what I do , just work out your over all length for your particular rifle , and work up the load .

USMC 77, USRA 79

welcome to the site!!!

different model, same weight should be ok. Just remember to start low and work up.

if you get any sort of leading, you know that you are not sized properly for that weapon. boolit needs to be Larger then bore by a 1 or 2 thousands. be sure they are lubed properly and fire away!!!

Marko from Alaska
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Welcome to the forum lots of information on this site.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Ideal/Lyman #40 from 1955 has some load data. I cant get to the link at the moment, should pop up on a web search

Welcome to the forum...

Boolit Buddy
    Lyman cast bullet #3 has data for #311467 in 308 but not for 30/06 - the 30/06 data lists a 187g 311334 mold

Looking at the 308 load data for both the #311467 and #311334 you should be able to work out a starting load for 30/06

Boolit Buddy
    I have a bunch of these cast and am looking to work up a load for Krag and R77.308.

I found the Lyman 3rd Edition on the net, goggle it, and it has the 311467 in the .308 data, I'd use the start loads for the .308 and work up, or maybe up a few grains from start. Depends upon what powder you choose to use. My swag is to use a slower burnig powder for it as the lube grooves a thin at the base above the GC, so I'm guessing abrupt pistol powders, say Red Dot and Unique will induce blow by in the throat.

Load it as Long as you can though. it has a narrow nose and can go a long way before it hits the lands. in my .30 I size to .311 which seems to be about right for most commercial .30's.

From the Lyman data I found the BC for the 311467 to be 0.382 so it carries velocity well. 2100 at the muzzle will get you ~1,000 flbs at 250 yards!