WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Bedding Material

Quote Originally Posted by oldhenry View Post
    I used Acraglas Gel for years & was happy with the results. However, I use Marine Tex (grey) now.
    I FEEL VINDICATED!!

I've used Marine Tex because its good stuff, right up there with JB Weld, and I usually have some around.
    I've suffered through, 'That stuff won't work', and 'Gosh, all that work and you could have done it right', etc.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

Ive used Marine Tex to bed several rifles with good results and for its intended use to patch Fiberglas boat hulls. Worked great for both jobs. Was easy to color to match the bright yellow canoe even. Check to be sure your release agent works with it.

The nice thing with accra glass gel, micro bed, and others meant for bedding is they come in appropriate sized packages for the job.Shelf life on some epoxies are short.

Even the steel version of devcons putty is getting expensive.

Boolit Bub
    I've also noticed Devcon seems a little hard to find where I am. The only place that seems to have it is a commercial metal supplier I use, and they want you to buy the larger jars. I'll give the marinetex a shot this weekend.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tbpollard View Post
    I've also noticed Devon seems a little hard to find where I am. The only place that seems to have it is a commercial metal supplier I use, and they want you to buy the larger jars. I'll give the marinetex a shot this weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/Devcon-Plasti...s%2C212&sr=8-1
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    What kind of dye are you using in the Marine Tex? Acro Gel the last few and seems okay to this point and was more manageable than the earlier version of that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12