RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Trying titewad in 45acp.

Boolit Master

Trying titewad in 45acp.

Loaded up some 230 grain LRN coated. With 3 grains of powder. Just did 24 rounds. Enough to run 3 mags though one of my 1911's. It will be interesting. Im betting on mild recoil. Hoping for no leading with a hot powder though
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

According to the Hodgdon site, that should give you about 700fps.
    If it works the action reliably, it should be a nice load to shoot.

I picked up a pound by accident, worked fine in the .45acp. Nice and mild. But eventually I went back to my old standby Red Dot.

I think it is a quite energetic powder with lower tolerances than many others. But where it works it works.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Sunday looks decent weather wise. And a lot of the snow will melt by then. That is my planed test day. I have 2 scopes to zero too. And some 44 mag loads to test in my CVA. I did test them in my SBH last sunday. Shot good and accurate. And no unburnt powder. Loaded with 14 grans of blue dot. They felt rather stout. I didn't chrono them. They were 240 swc coated cast. Summers enterprises boolets.

I grabbed the titewad because it was cheap. 19.00. I grabbed 2 bottles.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I hope you find a load that works, at 3 grains per load you’d get 4,666 loads outa that 2 lbs powder! That’s cheap chootin!

Boolit Master

Yeah cheap chootin is good. Im enjoying working with bullseye too. So far it's been great.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Buddy
    Should work. I run 4.4 with 200 gr cast

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

My paper punching load is 4.2 under a 230 RN. Low recoil, cycles all my 45’s and real accurate. I switched from $23 / pound Unique to TiteGroup when it was $17 / pound.
    After trying a couple pounds I started getting it in 8 lb jugs. Burns clean too.
    Fuels all my 9, 380, 38, & 40 reloads. 4.2 works great in 9mm under a 115 RN. Don’t even have to reset my powder measure.

Boolit Master

I think ill test my loads in my Ruger 345. The slide cycles easier then my 1911's do. I'll take a 1911 along too. After i see how the Ruger does.
    One round at a time.

Don't mean to rain on your parade but I don't think they can get a pound of tite wad in a bottle

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Titewad comes in 14 oz., 4 lb., and 8 lb. containers. (This is why it is seemingly cheaper: 12.5% less powder in a 1 pound canister.) It works well in standard velocity 38 and 44 Special loads, and will work in 45 ACP as well. It is very fast burning and before Hodgdon came out with data for pistol use, I found useful loads by reducing recommended Bullseye loads by 10%. A load that worked very well for me was a 148 grain, button nose, Wadcutter loaded over 2.4 grains of Titewad to an OAL of 1.217" in 38 Special. Low recoil and quite accurate.
    I had intended to try it in 32-20 but never got around to it. 2.7 grains of Titewad under an RCBS 32-98 SWC should be just about dandy.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.