Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: NOE mold handle?

Boolit Master

NOE mold handle?

Hello ya'll. I'm looking at a NOE HTC310-225-RN-CE4 2 Cavity PB Brass mold. I see the handles are an extra $36. I've got bunches of 1 & 2 cavity molds 'n handles for Ideal and Lyman, and one Lyman 4 cavity mold with handle. Of course plenty of Lee 2 cavity molds and a couple spare handles for the Lee 2 cavity mold. Will any of these handles fit the NOE 2 cavity mold? Or, can they be made to fit?

Yea, I know it's best to just buy the handles to fit, but I've spent so many years "making do" it's a hard habit to break. I guess that's the reason I'm pretty handy with modifying things.

On another point, that's a brass mold - I've never owned a brass mold and just seems it would be nice to have at least one. Should I expect it to cast any better than a NOE aluminum 2 cavity mold? OR - would brass and aluminum molds be about the same? I like the light weight and rapid heat up of aluminum.

Ken H>

Ken H>

Boolit Master
    I found that RCBS handles will fit NOE molds no problem.

Boolit Grand Master

All of my NOE moulds , three and four cavity aluminum , are outfitted with Lee 6 cavity mould handles . No modifications were required except to tighten up the Lee center hinge bolt .
    I see they now cost $23.00 from Midway ... glad I got several when they were only $12.00 each ... used to order a set of handles every time I placed an order with midway ... for decades I had one set of handles and swapped them with every set of blocks ... that sucked rocks !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the comments - they have led me to a couple more threads here on the forum. I've found my answers, and I do think I can make the 2 cavity Lee handle fit the NOE 2 cavity mold. It will take a bit of tweaking but don't think it will take too much.

Thanks for the comments,

Ken H>