WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: more primers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    A buddy of mine managed to grab some powder from midsouth when it restocked and it was gone before he told me about it.
    Tri-state had stacks of .22 ammo yesterday. 800 round packs of Federal for $49.99. They also had a bunch of .30-30 ammo. Still no pistol ammo, powder, primers, bullets, and no .38 Special. If they did I would have grabbed a couple of boxes of .38s for you and let you know it was in stock.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    How many of you folks would cash in if they hit $1 a primer
    I am sitting on 10,000 SP, 5000 sp mag, 7000 lp/mag 5000 lr and 15,000 sr.
    I didn't buy this with reselling in mind.....but at $1 per primer I would have to think long and hard.
    Probably use it for trading more than the cash....but man, it sure would make the stop and think.
    I learned my lesson last time around and stocked up.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Multra View Post
    Agree, democrats and republicans don't want to spend the political capital they have on the national level to mess around with guns, they just want to stay in power and keep the fat checks coming, rocking the boat stops that.
    If one side wins and another loses, then the checks stop rolling in on both sides. Divisiveness in government draws contributions and votes.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    At a buck a piece I am cashing in and out of the game.
    I have more primers than I will realistically use in the rest of my life. I stocked up in 2012 when it looked like Obama was going to get reelected. At a buck a piece, I will cash in, but not out of the game. I could sell half of what I have and still have enough. That would allow me to buy a few more toys to play with.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

I hope you guys are right about new gun control laws, but do not bet on it. Just wait until the next high profile shooting and see what a Democratic monopoly does. If what the state and federal government has done in the last year in response to this pandemic doesn’t scare you, your not watching close enough.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    I am sitting on 10,000 SP, 5000 sp mag, 7000 lp/mag 5000 lr and 15,000 sr.
    I didn't buy this with reselling in mind.....but at $1 per primer I would have to think long and hard.
    Probably use it for trading more than the cash....but man, it sure would make the stop and think.
    I learned my lesson last time around and stocked up.

I hear ya..if it hits a buck a primer on secondary market.. I may liquidate 15k....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    I hope you guys are right about new gun control laws, but do not bet on it. Just wait until the next high profile shooting and see what a Democratic monopoly does. If what the state and federal government has done in the last year in response to this pandemic doesn’t scare you, your not watching close enough.

I hope so too..because im not so 'assured' that nothing they throw is going to stick.

Thinking like that could be dangerous.

Boolit Buddy
    My bet is that Shawlerbrook is right. The White House is avidly awaiting a big school shooting, and possibly that hasn't happened because so many schools have been closed for so long. Once that happens this White House will be in lock-step with Democrats in Congress, and Democrats in many state capitol buildings, with the fervent help of the media to first ban this and that, register and tax all firearms, and then of course use that data to come for our guns. They won't be able to take but a fraction of them in the early days, and we have an unusually pro-Constitution US Supreme Court so that could be a roadblock to Democrats. But the White House could take much of the fun out of our hobby and our rights. The 2022 election season, at least for Congress, begins this summer. Every gun owner who lives in or near a state that might have a seat that could convert from D to R, or a seat that is in danger of going D, needs to work on that campaign. The House and the Senate are each close, and converting either one to R control would be enough to make it to the end of this Biden term. Last year my state of 730,000 saw a $60 million US Senate race because of outside money and independent agency money. We have only one state-wide print newspaper and two television stations in the entire state, so you can imagine how that amount of money flooded everything, and what that means is that ground-pounders, literature droppers, sign-wavers, 4th of July parade float builders and the like are relatively more valuable to a campaign than once was the case. A thousand dollar donation to a campaign here bought a front-row seat only a few years ago but now its volunteers that are scarce (there is only so much radio, newspaper and TV capacity, and that quickly becomes saturated). I feel I owe it to preserve the Second Amendment for the people coming up now. And I really am a single-issue voter.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by high standard 40 View Post
    I'm looking at these ads on Gunbroker an eBay showing shipping at $8 to $10. What are they doing about hazmat?
    Undoubtedly shipping them illegally. I certainly wouldn’t take a chance considering the penalty can be the same whether you’re shipping or receiving. I don’t look good in stripes!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Undoubtedly shipping them illegally. I certainly wouldn’t take a chance considering the penalty can be the same whether you’re shipping or receiving. I don’t look good in stripes!
    This. I'm allergic to prison.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I $130 for a pound of unique. anyone? auction hasn't ended yet.
    lol, lol, lol
    ad seems a bit fishy though, says flat rate shipping is $20, no mention of hazmat fee,
    wonder how many of these sellers are gonna get caught sending hazmat without proper hazmat shipping.
    I just hope they don’t endanger somebody...

Also a secondary concern...Just imagine the new laws if a plane goes down and they find out it was due to reloading powder or primers shipped illegally by a layman.

Boolit Master

Then it will be in person only...etc.

Boolit Master
    I went ahead and sent my thoughts to gunbroker, I suggest that you each do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Tri-state had stacks of .22 ammo yesterday. 800 round packs of Federal for $49.99. They also had a bunch of .30-30 ammo. Still no pistol ammo, powder, primers, bullets, and no .38 Special. If they did I would have grabbed a couple of boxes of .38s for you and let you know it was in stock.
    Glad to know you're thinking of me! With my current stack of reloaded ammo I'm good on .38 Special for now. Honestly I haven't seen .38 Special in stores since November. I still have that Cowboy Action .38 special in my ammo box but considering that there's no way I could use it indoors it's probably going to stay there. Unless you want it, of course. If you happen to have someplace to use it without choking in gunsmoke let me know. I've got 95 of em left. Took 5 shots to get the picture...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    Glad to know you're thinking of me! With my current stack of reloaded ammo I'm good on .38 Special for now. Honestly I haven't seen .38 Special in stores since November. I still have that Cowboy Action .38 special in my ammo box but considering that there's no way I could use it indoors it's probably going to stay there. Unless you want it, of course. If you happen to have someplace to use it without choking in gunsmoke let me know. I've got 95 of em left. Took 5 shots to get the picture...
    Nice! I don't own anything in .38 Special or .357 Magnum. Weird.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Nice! I don't own anything in .38 Special or .357 Magnum. Weird.
    Would have to say that Henry rifle of yours is a real looker. Red dots sure look funky on a lever rifle but that thing must be a very handy rifle in person!
    A classic Cartridge with a modern twist on the rifle!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Don't forget your state Attorney General as well as the other state offices, a lot of those have gone big on anti 2A activism and we need to remember them next election, for that reason...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123