Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Still weird shortages?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMk View Post
    My wife usually gets me a can of "Cheese Wizz" or Kraft "Easy Cheese" a couple times a year as a treat,,
    (you know,, the stuff Elwood brought back to the boarding house, for the guy playing cards)

Well,, that has not been in a store for easily 4-5 months, or longer,, not even Walmart,,

In Food Lion Grocery Store, they even eliminated the spot that had been empty for months,, so, there is not even a spot for it, if they did get some in,,,

The store manager told me they eliminated the spot, so people would hopefully quit asking about it,,
    been a long time since i had spray cheese. Used to actually like the stuff.

Boolit Master

Tractor Supply sells a card of assorted small batteries for $4.99 including 2032s if I’m not mistaken. The quantity is generous. Not sure I would use them for important weapons sights but they’re a cheap source for my digital calipers that eat batteries like candy.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Unsalted saltines...needed them for a chemistry lab with my students and couldn't find them at 5 different grocery stores in 4 towns.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Watching an episode of 'Moonshiners' the other night.... Yeah, I know. It's 'Made for TV'.... But interesting twist in that they couldn't find mason jars, even wholesale. Perhaps just a TV moment, but with all the hoarding/stockpiling, why not mason jars? Everyone is a homesteader now, right?
    Mason Jars have been pretty much sold out since mid summer 2020. Jars, lids, rings...couldn't get all my hot peppers canned last year.

My wife usually gets me a can of "Cheese Wizz" or Kraft "Easy Cheese" a couple times a year as a treat,,
    (you know,, the stuff Elwood brought back to the boarding house, for the guy playing cards)

Well,, that has not been in a store for easily 4-5 months, or longer,, not even Walmart,,

In Food Lion Grocery Store, they even eliminated the spot that had been empty for months,, so, there is not even a spot for it, if they did get some in,,,

The store manager told me they eliminated the spot, so people would hopefully quit asking about it,,
    Geez! Even Easy Cheese is gone from store shelves? What a shame. I'm very lucky to have Tillamook as a High Quality cheese brand available in the northwest for general use, but sometimes you just gotta have some saltines and best fake cheese from a can!

Do you walk in and ask "Did ya get muh cheez whiz, boy?"

Boolit Master

Cheez Whiz meets all but one of the Minimum Daily Adult Nutritional Requirements. That’s where bacon fits in.

Boolit Master

My favorite camping snack is bacon cheeseburger cheese whiz and Chicken in a Biscuit crackers. Fat guy crack.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    It seems like more of a demand problem in my area. Everything appears to be shipping but as soon as it gets here it's gobbled up. The only really unusual item I couldn't get was cold blue. Three different gun shops and none to be had, and I thought everybody hated that stuff! I think it was probably not a high-volume product and the retailers just stopped stocking to make room for other merchandise.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Moderator Emeritus

No 2032 batteries at Costco. They were wiped out of them. That went fast. Glad I grabbed a couple of packs the last time.

Boolit Master
    Why does everyone need 2032 batteries anyway?

Boolit Master

Most red dot pistol sights use those.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Oh ye of little faith . . . never fear . . . . Biden and his merry band of thieves and liars will SOLVE EVERYTHING . . . after all, they have ALL the answers to make things "right".

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Oh ye of little faith . . . never fear . . . . Biden and his merry band of thieves and liars will SOLVE EVERYTHING . . . after all, they have ALL the answers to make things "right".
    Yeah, when you have no pistol or semiautomatic sporting rifle, you'll have no need for those batteries!

Moderator Emeritus

HF used to sell those batteries also but haven't been in there for awhile.

Boolit Master
    When I had a Red Dot I bought too many 2032s on amazon cheap, because it was way too many and stashed them everywhere. The scope is gone but the batteries persist.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 02-24-2021 at 09:19 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    come to think of it have not been able to get barilla marinara sauce at Walmart since the virus flipped the world upside down. guess they had a terminal shortage of tomatoes.

For a long time you couldn't get Grapenuts.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Biden and his merry band of thieves and liars will SOLVE EVERYTHING . . . after all, they have ALL the answers to make things "right".
    The way gasoline prices are going up I think he’s trying to get everyone ready for his “Electric Vehicles Mandate”. He already said by 2030 all government vehicles will be electric. How many miles is a 2032 battery good for?

Boolit Master
    gas prices can't be set or raised or lowered by American politicians.
    gas prices are based on supply and demand in the global market. OPEC still has a bunch of ways to put their fingers on the scale,
    global oil prices bottomed out when covid shut the world down, lack of demand and huge supplies, now the world is coming back alive and the supply and production has changed as demand is increasing. increasing demand+lack of surplus=higher prices.
    does any of this make any senses or do I need to go to one of those crazy house doctors for some special medications.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast