WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Any DP-28 or DPM shooters here?

Boolit Buddy

Any DP-28 or DPM shooters here?

Looking at a semi auto DPM because it looks like more fun then a barrel of monkeys. Anyone here shooting them? Advice and anecdotes welcome!

Boolit Buddy
    My FFL has one. He enjoys it. I have played w/ it but, haven’t had a chance to shoot it. On another note I have fun shooting my semi-auto BAR and my home built semi-auto M1919A6.

Boolit Buddy
    The pan magazines for them were really cheap there for a while when there were quite a few parts kits coming in. I haven’t seen any listed recently but also haven’t been actively looking for them. They are neat guns but the semi conversion usually requires visible departures from the original look. I’ve also heard some of them can be finicky.

Boolit Buddy
    Ya I can find the pans for 32 each and I consider that to be ok. This is coming from a maker of some note so odds are it will run.

It would be great fun to work out a shooting sport built around semi conversions of LMGs.

Boolit Buddy
    That would be good time. The AK guys have the Red Oktober competition. The sub machine gun guys have their competitive circuit. It wouldn’t surprise me if there is an obscure LMG competition somewhere out there.

Me personally, I’d want to permanently block one mag down to 10 round capacity just for the sake of taking a deer with it. It would be awkward as all get out to lug around the woods but I like hunting with an odd ball. Plus I don’t know anyone who has taken a deer with a DP.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by .455 Webley View Post
    .....It would be great fun to work out a shooting sport built around semi conversions of LMGs.
    Might get some followers. I know a guy who was converting an MG42 to semi-auto. He had one that was a cut receiver parts bin special and was working out the bugs in it. FWIW, he also had a Class III license.

Boolit Buddy
    Lots of us have them and enjoy them but need an excuse to pull them out of the safe and let them rumble a little.