MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Glock Code Cracked! (Maybe??)

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    As of today, I added a Hungarian High Power clone to the short list of of guns I have both pin gauged and slugged. .348" bore on that one, but the same .356" groove as the other four. .357" bullet diameter does indeed seem to be the answer. I've also been pin gauging the chambers and the Glocks do not appear to be different in any regard - save the Ruger, which as I mentioned in post #1 is a little big in the chamber.

I shot some tumble-lubed NOE/Ranch Dog 135 grainers (cast at .357) through my Gen 5 today. Had some minor leading and some clear evidence of vaporized lead deposited on the top of my Streamlight's bezel. This was "pesky" leading, not catastrophic leading, of a level that can be corrected with the usual minor tweaks of right alloy, enough/proper lube, and making sure you aren't falling into the classing 9mm pitfall of having your brass size your bullets down. FWIW, it did foul a little more than the High Power clone and the Springer, but I think a little alloy and lube revision will do the trick.
    Thanks again! What OAL are you using with that Ranch Dog boolit?

We are on a little different page in that I have always coated every cast boolit with Smoke's powder coats. Powder coating was what brought me into casting some years back.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Thanks again! What OAL are you using with that Ranch Dog boolit?

We are on a little different page in that I have always coated every cast boolit with Smoke's powder coats. Powder coating was what brought me into casting some years back.
    Don't have 'em handy - the foundry lives at my old man's place. Basically, make the lube grooves disappear. Either need to go a little deeper for the High Power or have Doug Guy ream the throat - getting sporadic fail-to-fully-go-into-battery on that one. Seat deeper until you're off the lands is the usual formula for that kind of profile. The double stack mags do not seem to care, but the Springfield 1911's seem a bit problematic to cram all 9 into.

Forgot to mention - also got to pin gauge and slug a Glock 48. No tapering bore on that one - just the standard .346"/.356" bore/groove combined with "to-be-expected" chamber taper that matches the cartridge blueprint..
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12