RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: MP 45acp mold

Boolit Mold

MP 45acp mold

I might pull the trigger on a new mold from MP for a 45acp 200 grain SWC, anyone have any experience with this style bullet? I will be powder coating as well, no lube grooves.

I use the Lee 200 gr. H&G Style in my 1911 . Have an old mold that I took the lub grooves out of just to see if I could, It shot good out 50yards, stayed on a 9" plate , 2 hand standing, 75+ year old eyes
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kyregular View Post
    I might pull the trigger on a new mold from MP for a 45acp 200 grain SWC, anyone have any experience with this style bullet? I will be powder coating as well, no lube grooves.
    I bought the MP 200gr SWC during a group-buy here 9 years ago, although mine has the lube-groove as was usual in those days. It throws great bullets and powdercoats just fine.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

I have the MP 200 gr SWC that is the clone for the Lyman 452460. It is my favorite for my RIA 1911. I also have the Lyman 452460 in a 4 cav. mold but it is heavy to cast with. I have the MP mold as a 6 cav aluminum mold. Mine has the lube grooves but I pc them anyways.

I've got his H&G 68 clone (FB) and it is awesome. It's got lube grooves but that is what I wanted. Easy to cast great looking bullets. I always say, his molds make it look like I know what I'm doing when casting. You'll not regret getting that mold.

Boolit Master

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyregular View Post
    Hi,
    I have Miha's 6 Cav, HG68 mould without lube grooves. I Powder Coat or Hitec all of mine, so don't need the LG. It casts very well, and the bullets feed and shoots great. The added benefit is you get HP pins with the mould so you either have a 185gr HP, or 200 gr SWC.
    Ed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bullets in bowl (1).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	278129

Boolit Buddy
    Left to right. Lyman 452630, RCBS 45-201(modified, bevel removed), MP Mold HG68.

Name:	7B5E5F46-8C1C-41C9-A3E5-E0F9C557C89D.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	278139

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sailormilan2 View Post
    Left to right. Lyman 452630, RCBS 45-201(modified, bevel removed), MP Mold HG68.

Name:	7B5E5F46-8C1C-41C9-A3E5-E0F9C557C89D.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	278139
    I think you removed the bevel from the Lyman 452630, not the RCBS which didn't come with a bevel.

There are several really good H&G #68 clones on the market. I have a real soft (my wife calls it stupid) spot for ~200 gr SWC molds for the 45 ACP.

I've got SWC molds from 155 gr to 220 gr. The two I cast and use the most are the RCBS-201KT, which is no longer made, and the Lyman 452630. I've left the bevel base on my Lyman. I can't tell the difference shooting it and it really loads easy.

One of these days when things return to normal I want to pick up a 6-8 cavity MP clone of the H&G 68.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	0E6AA5C4-4A0D-4313-9CA7-A67E547EAB71.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	278214

I have the 6cav MP clone of the #68 without lube grooves that casts great and runs good in my colt.

I just ordered a 4cav brass mould for a 45acp from MP. Let’s see if they are really as good as thousands of folks say they are lol.
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I think you removed the bevel from the Lyman 452630, not the RCBS which didn't come with a bevel.

There are several really good H&G #68 clones on the market. I have a real soft (my wife calls it stupid) spot for ~200 gr SWC molds for the 45 ACP.

I've got SWC molds from 155 gr to 220 gr. The two I cast and use the most are the RCBS-201KT, which is no longer made, and the Lyman 452630. I've left the bevel base on my Lyman. I can't tell the difference shooting it and it really loads easy.

One of these days when things return to normal I want to pick up a 6-8 cavity MP clone of the H&G 68.
    Now that you mentioned it, I do believe you are correct.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Chavez View Post
    I just ordered a 4cav brass mould for a 45acp from MP. Let’s see if they are really as good as thousands of folks say they are lol.
    Pics of the mold and the resulting boolits are mandatory
    My Iraq Pics

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    Pics of the mold and the resulting boolits are mandatory
    and so you shall receive...... lol

I haven’t cleaned or casted with it. maybe this weekend I’ll break it in and see if all those thousands and thousands of casters are telling the truth about how good these moulds really are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Master

Oh yeahhhhh
    My Iraq Pics