Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, Feb. 20

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, Feb. 20

Good morning all. Great message and a good question. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    How God Speaks to Us

“The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant.”
    —Psalm 25:14

When my grandkids were smaller, I took them to “secret” places. For instance, I’d tell them, “We’re going into this restaurant. Do you want to go in the regular way like all the other people, or do you want to go in the secret way?”

“The secret way, Poppa!”

So I’d take them in through a side door, but they thought it was the secret way.

The Bible tells us that God revealed secrets to Noah: “By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith” (Hebrews 11:7 NKJV).

God spoke to Noah, and it activated his faith.

There are a lot of ways that God speaks to us, but the primary way He speaks is through the word of God.

When you believe the Bible, you know things that other people don’t know. In fact, God reveals things to Christians that non-Christians don’t understand.

Because they believe the Bible, average Christians know more, in many ways, than some of the great intellects of the world. For instance, the Bible teaches that humanity is basically sinful. Now, that makes sense, and the world makes more sense when we accept the premise that we’re not basically good.

The Bible also teaches that God is good. It teaches that one day judgment will come to the world and that it’s going to get worse before it gets better. The Bible teaches that one day Christ will return and will right every wrong.

And the Bible says, “The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant” (Psalm 25:14 NKJV).

Has He spoken to you lately?
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen God speaks to me every day!

I have been for too long a child of this world, whose feet have been planted waaayy to deeply in the earth..

In the last few years, I have come back to the Lord, and he is lifting me up and freeing me from this quicksand that surrounds us. It is still a struggle to resist the pull, but it is amazing how clearly the right path is becoming through the word of God.

I read The Word from my Bible (and this thread) daily, and keep Christ with me throughout the day, and am increasingly enjoying the "Peace that surpasses all understanding". jd

Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    I have been for too long a child of this world, whose feet have been planted waaayy to deeply in the earth..

In the last few years, I have come back to the Lord, and he is lifting me up and freeing me from this quicksand that surrounds us. It is still a struggle to resist the pull, but it is amazing how clearly the right path is becoming through the word of God.

I read The Word from my Bible (and this thread) daily, and keep Christ with me throughout the day, and am increasingly enjoying the "Peace that surpasses all understanding". jd
    May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you. And may the Lord be gracious unto you and give you His peace. May you walk in the confidence that you are victorious in Jesus’ name; that the precious blood of the cross has forever forgiven you of your sins. For if we confess our sins, God is faithful and forgives us of our sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness. Walk in the confidence that you are a member of the church triumphant, and everything that’s in the future, God Almighty is in sovereign control. And we are soon to see the King in all of His glory. In Jesus’ name, receive this blessing. Amen
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Bub
    Right on. "...the Bible teaches that humanity is basically sinful. Now, that makes sense, and the world makes more sense when we accept the premise that we’re not basically good." This is so contrary to the world's thinking.