WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s wrong with me?

A.K.A. Bullshop Jr. SierraHunter's Avatar
    I’ve had two of the Remington made Marlins. The first one was the 1894 44 mag. It was a problem child. Most of the screws on it had chips in the heads from over tightening or whatever. The barrel was indexed too far. It wasn’t accurate. I could go on.

The second is a 1895GBL 45/70 and it is excellent. My favorite lever gun in fact.

Boolit Master
    We have the same problem, yours is lever actions and mine is krags and 1917's just can't get past them setting on the used rack.

Boolit Master
    nothing wrong with you, next you will be needing all three 1894cl's and then you will get your first 1893 and maybe a 444 and a 375 will follow you home and if you have yet to experience the world of 39's and 39a's that might be next but then you will come across a an unloved 1889 and then you will learn about the Ballards and need a few of them next thing you know you will have to be going any or all doctors who will listen and get sent to the twelve step meetings to get cured of acute marlinitis

A.K.A. Bullshop Jr. SierraHunter's Avatar
    I already have 2 1892s, one of which I’m converting to shoot 32 smith and Wesson long.

Boolit Master
    Even tho they went to Ballard rifling in the 1894, they still retained the 1:38" twist!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

The problem with us all is that we are incurable romantics.

We know that bolt actions are more accurate, simpler, stronger, and more reliable, and that they handle more efficient spitzer bulleted ammo. We know that this makes them the obvious purely practical choice in many cases.

But, we are not practical. We love our lever guns. We love their history and their western heritage. And while they may not be the coldly efficient sub-MOA hunting and target machines that bolt actions are, they get the job done quite well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12