Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Feb. 19

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Feb. 19

Good morning all. The last line of today's message really inspired me. Just what we needed to hear today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, February 19, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    True Rebels

“Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation.”
    —Hebrews 11:2

Committed Christians are the true rebels in our culture today. Don’t tell me that it’s rebellious to do drugs and party; that’s the status quo. Don’t tell me that it’s rebellious to do what everyone else does, say what everyone else says, and conform to a preexisting culture that’s changing before our eyes.

A world changer, a real Christian, is someone who believes the Bible and lives by what it says. If you want to be a rebel, then follow Jesus Christ. That is real rebellion in the best sense of the word. You don’t even need a leather jacket or a motorcycle or a wallet attached to a chain.

World changers are thermostats, not thermometers. A thermometer just tells you the temperature, but a thermostat changes it. Noah was a world changer, and when we think of him, we immediately think of the ark.

That’s appropriate, but there was a lot more to his life. Noah is one of a number of people mentioned in Hebrews 11, also known as the Heroes Hall of Faith. These are people who stood out from the crowd and lived as God wanted them to live.

They’re not mentioned in the Heroes Hall of Faith because they were perfect. In fact, they were far from it. They’re mentioned primarily because they exercised faith. It’s a word that keeps popping up again and again in Hebrews 11.

This reminds us that we don’t have to be perfect for God to use us for His purposes. He’s looking for someone, young or old, to simply say, “All right, Lord. Here I am. Send me. I want to make a difference in my world, in my family, and in my culture.”

God isn’t looking for ability; He’s looking for availability. God doesn’t call the qualified; He qualifies the called.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the reminder.

Boolit Grand Master

Exactly, being available is the key. Willingness or even eagerness to be used. That is surrender.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, God called me to be a witness to the world.