RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead ore

Boolit Master
    well, if you do get to doing a backyard cook off at least you won't have to worry bout EPA, trump neutered them.

Boolit Master

Oh its already Trumps fault , the EPA is still doing exactly what they do , and there has been no massive pollution problems started under Trumps term , although in China where all our production is going or was already at they could care less about pollution as the trade winds blow a lot over here , backyard burning of other things then lead cause a lot of pollution also .

As to lead ore and the original post , I would toss it in a small campfire and see what it does , probably is not going to cause the world to end or make a environmental superfund site .

Boolit Master

Sounds like one the many things that are 'Nothing to lose and everything to learn' projects. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Boolit Master
    trumps fault?
    you not understand what I say
    I mean, go for it, if I had lead alloy, id be melting that stuff down on either a wood or coal fire and stacking the blocks of lead tall and deep

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    well, if you do get to doing a backyard cook off at least you won't have to worry bout EPA, trump neutered them.
    Your statement above , my reply was in direct relation to it , original poster is not discussing lead blocks sheeting or alloy , he is talking about raw ore .

EPA is very much alive and well was my point .

Banned
    From Wikipedia:
    "Up until the early 20th century, roasting was started by burning wood on top of ore. This would raise the temperature of the ore to the point where its sulfur content would become its source of fuel, and the roasting process could continue without external fuel sources. Early sulfide roasting was practiced in this manner in "open hearth" roasters, which were manually stirred (a practice called "rabbling") using rake-like tools to expose unroasted ore to oxygen as the reaction proceeded.

This process released large amounts of acidic, metallic, and other toxic compounds. Results of this include areas that even after 60–80 years are still largely lifeless, often exactly corresponding to the area of the roast bed, some of which are hundreds of metres wide by kilometres long. Roasting is an exothermic process.[2][3]"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12