Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: C&H Die Backlog

Boolit Man

C&H Die Backlog

I am on the hunt for a .32 Colt die set. C&H dies shows that they make them but don't list an inventory. I called. They have none in stock.
    They placed the .32 short on the to manufacturer list in March 2020 and the 32 long on the list in July 2020. There is a two-year backlog. So, they won't be making either one until 2022. That is so hard for me to comprehend. That might explain some of the prices lately.

Boolit Master

Boolit Man
    I did. If I understand it correctly, the bullet is being swaged into a heeled bullet. I still need something to size the brass...maybe. I have read that over and over and without the photos working it took about six times to somewhat understand what he is doing. And when I looked for the factory crimp die, or course every place is out.

May Liberty Increase!
    I emailed about a powder thru die and was told 10 years, so your answer was better than mine!
    WANTED: CH AutoChamp Mark IV, V, or Va - PM me if you've got one you'd like to part with.

You could buy a set off ebay. You will pay more for them, but they are available.

Boolit Man
    The one set I saw sold for $237.00. I don't see any more offered.

I missed the colt part, sorry.

Boolit Buddy
    You might want to try Huntington Die Specialties. If they have any left from when they carried them when RCBS still made Special Order Dies, they won't be cheap I doubt.

Redding lists the 32 Long Colt as a Custom Die in their catalog and state they try to maintain a small inventory of those that are listed. Custom one off they show as they are not running now. Give them a call, worth a shot. Will be $200-300 probably.

There is also this article:

https://castbulletassoc.org/blog/art...g-Colt-Project

Good luck in your quest

Boolit Master

Unless something has changed, CH/4D is the owner, one machinist, and a part-time secretary.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Man
    I contacted Redding. They are also backlogged and sounded like it would also be quite a while. I checked out Huntington Die and they had nothing for .32 Colt listed.

Boolit Grand Master
    When I was playing with the .32 Long and Short Colt, I didn't have to resize the brass. Granted I didn't load the cases multiple times.

I have read that a Letter O (I think, its been a few years) or an 8mm drill bushing will work. My thought was to get a .314" Lee bullet sizing die and hone it out if needed.

Decap in almost any rifle die, size then thumb seat the projectile. Also I think you could crimp with most any Lee collet style factory crimp die for a .30-31 caliber rifle, by making a spacer to hold the length correct and inserting the cartridge from the top. I was going to try it with the FC die from a .30-40 set but life got in the way.

Lots of work arounds that don't cost $2-300.

Robert

Boolit Buddy

I too called C&H for a specialty die set they listed and was told 2 years. eBay and Gunbroker seem to be the only hope, with high prices. The industry is insane right now and we just need to hang together.