WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I dont feel well...

Boolit Grand Master

Wife and I both came down with the Covid , went to walk-in -clinic , tested positive , sent to hospital emergency room ... tested some more and sent home .
    You will feel bad for two weeks , a week later your sense of smell and appetite comes back and you will start feeling like you will live again . About 4 weeks and you will feel good . I'm 71 and wife is 64.
    Wife developed a nasty cough ... I didn't .
    There is an upside ... I lost about 10 pounds ... the mere thought of food mad me queasy ... and I really needed to lose that weight ... and the BIGGIE ... we are both now naturally Immune ... both our doctors said so ... but they also said it wouldn't hurt to get the vaccine when it becomes available . I like the idea of a one shot vaccine because I don't like getting shots .

Rc ... Prayers sent , take plenty vitamin C and I found Excedrin helped .
    Bless You,
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Thanks for the well wishes. Fever finnaly broke today. I had 100 degree fever for 3 days. Supposed to be getting bussed over for a covid test some time today.

Haven't had much of an appetite. Just sleeping all day. Now the fever is gone I am not miserable. Just tired and exhausted now.

I look like hell. My fellow co worker was kind enough to inform me I looked like I had neumonia.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Rcmaveric your symptoms are right out of the COVID playbook. You should have been tested days ago. I'd venture to say that you best begin a quarantine if you haven't already done so. It is true that most cases of COVID-19 are mild and are over with in a week to 10 days. But if you are elderly or have higher risk factors you do need to take it serious because it can be bad stuff for those with risk factors. My wife and I are older but with no high risk factors. As such our quarantine was pretty uneventful thankfully.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    Rcmaveric your symptoms are right out of the COVID playbook. You should have been tested days ago. I'd venture to say that you best begin a quarantine if you haven't already done so. It is true that most cases of COVID-19 are mild and are over with in a week to 10 days. But if you are elderly or have higher risk factors you do need to take it serious because it can be bad stuff for those with risk factors. My wife and I are older but with no high risk factors. As such our quarantine was pretty uneventful thankfully.
    I am deployed. My superiors were notified and I was quarantined emediately. Borderline treated like a Leper.

It takes time to coordinate a test with the local government health ministry. Luckily we have full local health facilities 3 hours away from camp. First time I am thankful being on land and not a ship.

As long as I keep 750mg of Tylenol in me every 6 hours I don't have a fever and Temps normal. If I forget my stomach flips and my head hurts to remind me.. I think I am doing okay. Doc seams to think I have been sick since the 13th or 14th.

Sense of smell and taste comes and goes as does my appetite. Laying on my stomach helps. Lungs feel like a ran marathon. I am slightly scared from all the media hype and local deaths. But I dont have symptoms to cause me any mediate concern. Plus if doc is right. I am half way through it and past the danger times.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Best wishes. Sounds similar to the wife and myself back in Feb of 2020. We were down for a couple of weeks (but probably quite bit older than you). Took a few months to return to Normal; we never had a WoHoo test so we can only speculate that is what we had. Neither of us has had any problems since, so we hope you return to good health soon.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Rcmaveric, it does sound like you are making your way through the COVID and doing all you can to fight it off by keeping your temperature down. Like you, I monitored my temperature hourly and it would climb to almost102, and i'd take Benadryl. I also took the expectorant Tussin to help me cough and get the gunk out. You will get past this. Thank you for your service to keep us safe. I'm sure it is sometimes difficult.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Test results came back. I am positive for the Rona.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Cast Boolits Owner

Hang in there and fight as hard as you can. Contact me when you return from deployment if you would like to join me for a range day at Gateway R&P club.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Test results came back. I am positive for the Rona.

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Xibiden makes me ill also!

Moderator Emeritus

You should be fine doing what you are. Listen to the docs. You are young and will probably fly right through the rest of it. Good luck.
    Ron

Boolit Master

I am doing well. Thanks for all the well wishes. They are taking good care of me out here.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

I am doing a lot better now. After 6 days the fevers cleared up. They have me on a multivitamins because ran out. I just get tired easily now. I used the bathroom and took a shower and I am ready to lay down lol. I get a little lung discomfort after strenuous activity. They gave me a pain killer I have never heard before. Directions and label aren't in English. It works good though.

They won't release me until I pass a covid test twice.

So hopefully I get released back to my command in a week or so.

On the bright side youtube has full length Abbot and Costello, Vincent Price and Jerry Lewis movies.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Thank you!! We need all the good news we can get.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    does not sound like any fun,
    wish for you a speedy and complete recovery

Boolit Master
    Hoping for a full recovery for you.

Boolit Bub

My family and I lived in South Korea when COVID broke out... managed to not catch it. Moved back to a sleepy LITTLE beach town in Maryland... where me, my wife, youngest child caught it. (My oldest dodged the virus somehow)
    We were lucky and our symptoms were very mild. I had a fever one night, but was achy and severe cough for more than a wee. My wife had a fever for a couple days and aches and cough for about a week. My child just aches and cough.
    But my recovery has been the longest... I have some chronic issues from the Army, including a cough. A month after being cleared from quarantine I’m still coughing all the time and almost no energy.
    Hot showers help with the cough (it triggers a fit in the shower, but for a few hours after it’s not so bad). Once the weather gets a little more friendly I plan on getting outside to exercise and hope that helps clear out the rest of the lingering symptoms.
    Take it easy, make sure it’s documented in your MEDPROS and listen to your body. Hope you feel better.
    73’s DE
    Matthew

“Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mmacro View Post
    My family and I lived in South Korea when COVID broke out... managed to not catch it. Moved back to a sleepy LITTLE beach town in Maryland... where me, my wife, youngest child caught it. (My oldest dodged the virus somehow)
    We were lucky and our symptoms were very mild. I had a fever one night, but was achy and severe cough for more than a wee. My wife had a fever for a couple days and aches and cough for about a week. My child just aches and cough.
    But my recovery has been the longest... I have some chronic issues from the Army, including a cough. A month after being cleared from quarantine I’m still coughing all the time and almost no energy.
    Hot showers help with the cough (it triggers a fit in the shower, but for a few hours after it’s not so bad). Once the weather gets a little more friendly I plan on getting outside to exercise and hope that helps clear out the rest of the lingering symptoms.
    Take it easy, make sure it’s documented in your MEDPROS and listen to your body. Hope you feel better.
    Your youngest is probably the one who gave it to you. Could be A-symptomatic(?). My wife never came down with any symptoms and I got it but she is having trouble smelling anything. I think she gave it to me.

Ken

Boolit Master

I am doing pretty well now. Only lingering symptoms is my lungs feel like a ran a PRT in the cold and get tired easily.. A hot shower helps alot. I should be getting my retest results back soon. I just need a negative test to get released

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    I am doing pretty well now. Only lingering symptoms is my lungs feel like a ran a PRT in the cold and get tired easily.. A hot shower helps alot. I should be getting my retest results back soon. I just need a negative test to get released

Good to hear you are recovering!

So many different effects and different strains that it's frustrating to hear people say that it's no big deal or that you're going to die.

Yeah, for a lot of folks it's no more than feeling tired and losing sense of taste and smell for a few days. For others it's death within a few days. For others it's like a bad flu and is miserable. That's what I went through. It's been just over a month since I got it and I still don't have most of my sense of taste or smell back. Still get tired easily.

Wishing you a full recovery soon!
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Mold
    Glad you are getting better. Thanks for your service!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast