WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Shipping powder questions

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Shipping powder questions

I have sent things with paying a haz mat fee in the past. Haven't done it for years. Have the rules changed or can I still just walk into FedEx and tell them its hazmat package, pay the fee, and I'm done? Plan on selling off some excess powder I'll never use and figure it's a good time to do so.

Boolit Master

No. You have to be certified in Hazardous material shipping and packaging. The everyday guy can't do it.
    Rick

Boolit Grand Master
    There is information on the FedEx site on how to get certified. You can do it at home, $150 IIRC.
    Don Verna

Banned

Wish people were able to. I have a line on 33 lbs of 800x in NM.

The fedex hazmat fee is now 300$

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. I saw the ridiculous powder prices on GB. Would have liked to sell some. I might list an ad for local pickup only. I believe the ads are free there if my item doesn’t sell so I won’t be out anything for trying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I saw the ridiculous powder prices on GB. Would have liked to sell some. I might list an ad for local pickup only. I believe the ads are free there if my item doesn’t sell so I won’t be out anything for trying.
    Post your powder here on cb in the sales thread. I have had good luck lots of locals around.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Black Powder Bill View Post
    Post your powder here on cb in the sales thread. I have had good luck lots of locals around.
    I also have had good luck selling powder and Ammo, to local member connections via castboolits S&S.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Of course you can look for a local CB member connection through the S&S. Another resource might be regional and state gun forums. At least in California, one of the forums has a buy/sell/trade area where members can post the area they live in and do the deal face to face with locals rather than deal with issues in shipping.

I really didn’t want to part with my powder after I got thinking about it. I then had my catalytic converters clog up on my F150 a week and a half ago. I ordered an aftermarket set of eBay for $430. It still needs new plugs and labor paid for yet. I’m Sure it’s gonna cost another $300 to 400 for labor so I put up a lee .452 300 grain FN mold on eBay to help with the labor. The lee mold was for my 450BM and wouldn’t feed so it’s been collecting dust ever since. It’s up to $84 with a whole day left on auction. Hopefully I won’t have to fork to much out of pocket for repairs after the powder and mold sells. I put an unopened metal 8 pound barrel of 700x on Craigslist for $400. I figured I’d start high and if someone offered me half I would have jumped on it. Within 15 minutes I had four people calling and texting they would buy it for $400! The first one that actually called me( as I stated in my “no texts will not be responded to, calls only) I sold my powder to. The LGS has 8 pound plastic jugs in stock for less than half what I sold it for it. He must have wanted the vintage barrel pretty bad.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 03-16-2021 at 06:16 PM.

I think it's a no-no with the post office.

But if ya get on the UPS web site.
    They'll tell ya their current regulations and policy.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.