Finally decided to give this dry tumbling thing a try. My order was simply “pls send me 3 colors that work well and a pack of BBs”.

A few days later got a shipment with Red Wine, Signal Blue and Olive Drab and a bag of BBs. Picked up a rubbermaid plastic container.

Got the wife an air fryer for Christmas (she wanted it, otherwise I’d have never given a kitchen appliance as a gift!) but that didn’t free up the toaster oven like I thought it would so I had to buy a little one.

Used the old Weber digital temp probe from the smoker to get the oven to 400.

First try was red wine on 250gr .454 bullets and it worked great with a single coat. Baked 23min.

In fact each color has worked great on bullets of various weights from .357 to .458. Have not yet applied a second coat to any.

The only thing that failed was coating old factory lubed bullets. I baked, wiped, boiled, the heck out of the things, even put them in the ultrasonic for an hour with simple green at 190 degrees then washed in chlorinated brake cleaner. Got powder chipping from the smash test, mostly from within the lube grooves, but still decided that it’ll never be worth the trouble or cost to salvage old bullets this way, better to recast.

Wife asked me if I could get pink to match her Nano, so placing another order today.

Thanks to Smoke for making this so easy!