RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Times are changing

Boolit Master

Times are changing

Wally world used to sell either a 6lb or 7lb can of JIF peanut butter. Now down to a 4 lb can. What's a guy to do when he can't get the big can any longer. Buy two 4lb cans that's what. Frank

Nah,,, get three of the 4 pounders.
    It's like having a spare tire in the trunk--- Ya always need a back up.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Wally world used to sell either a 6lb or 7lb can of JIF peanut butter. Now down to a 4 lb can. What's a guy to do when he can't get the big can any longer. Buy two 4lb cans that's what. Frank
    https://www.webstaurantstore.com/bul...PBCRMYBLK.html

Ya want the BIG can! This looks like a place to get one! Seems like you don't need to be a Resturant to purchase any products in their store either!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1986408.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	277698
    I have NO idea what a single family could do with a 35 LB PAINT CAN OF PEANUT BUTTER, but once it's at your doorstep I'm certain you will find all sorts of uses for it.

Perhaps you can complement the order with six 8 lb cans of Jelly!
    https://www.webstaurantstore.com/car.../12581604.html
    Last edited by VariableRecall; 02-15-2021 at 05:31 AM.

Boolit Master
    I did not know any restaurants served that many peanut butter sandwiches but I like that size bucket. What I could do with a number of those buckets in my Man Cave, hmmmmm?

Brass!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    I prefer the 28 and 40oz plastic jars, as they are perfect for storing cast and lubed bullets.

Moderator Emeritus

We go through a lot of peanut butter here. Not for us humans but for the dogs. They get their Kongs (toy) with some frozen peanut butter every night. My puppy gets benadryl mixed in with his. Found it is cheaper to get grocery brand large jars - think like 4lbs each.

Ha! I get the small jars so I can scoop out the very, very last bit without get my hairy knuckles all peanutbuttery

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Maybe you need to vote Carter back into office again? LOL At the time he was in office, both my wife were teaching school - in different districts. I remember that as soon as he got in, all o f a sudden the schools were overflowing with an abundance of peanut butter - there were peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter cookies - peanut butter dessert bars - you name it - the cafeteria cooks couldn't use it up fast enough. Even peanuts in small paper cups began to appear on the cafeteria trays as they were receiving those in bulk as well. Of course the fact that Carter was from Georgia and Georgia is a big peanut state didn't have anything to do with it I'm sure.

Nothing like a good PB & J sandwich, peanut butter cookies and one of my favorites when I was a kid was a peanut butter and sweet sliced onion sandwich - my wife thinks I'm nuts when I talk about the PB and onion sandwiches but they were goooooood! Just remember - a jar, a 4lb can or a 7lb can - doesn't matter - it all is goooooood!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Maybe you need to vote Carter back into office again? LOL At the time he was in office, both my wife were teaching school - in different districts. I remember that as soon as he got in, all o f a sudden the schools were overflowing with an abundance of peanut butter - there were peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter cookies - peanut butter dessert bars - you name it - the cafeteria cooks couldn't use it up fast enough. Even peanuts in small paper cups began to appear on the cafeteria trays as they were receiving those in bulk as well. Of course the fact that Carter was from Georgia and Georgia is a big peanut state didn't have anything to do with it I'm sure.

Nothing like a good PB & J sandwich, peanut butter cookies and one of my favorites when I was a kid was a peanut butter and sweet sliced onion sandwich - my wife thinks I'm nuts when I talk about the PB and onion sandwiches but they were goooooood! Just remember - a jar, a 4lb can or a 7lb can - doesn't matter - it all is goooooood!
    I remember in the Johnson Administration when the"Free Food" mania began; the school cafeterias where I grew up in Texas had bowls of Peanut Butter, Bread, Butter and Honey sitting out on the Tables. Theory seemed to be those who were Poor and Hungry could take it without being embarrassed because EVERYONE WAS TAKING FREE. The products came from the US Government - acquired from the "Food Commodity Price Support Legislation Farm Bills". (Better than dumping it in the Oceans which they had done before). As I remember those (except Bread) came in 1 Gallon Tin Cans. I worked lunch period cleaning tables and washing dishes in return for lunch most years in school - based on the family/religious philosophy we had that "Only the Needy" take handouts; and the cost of school cafeteria lunches was outside of the family budget (brown bag it or go hungry - or work for lunch).

Of course that changed over the decades where all 4 items above were listed as DANGEROUS due to food Allergies and Obesity. Perhaps they are coming back? Possibly at the State Sponsored Food Distribution Lines at some future date due to Covid19/21/22... as a means of dealing with the unemployed?
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 02-15-2021 at 12:33 PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Only the needy take handouts. That was how I was raised and mom was not about to take any hand outs and be thought of as needy. What even happened to that idea.
    I worked as a correctional officer my last 20 years in a female institution. One of night shift duties was to scan all outgoing mail. These women new more places for their significant others to sign up for govt giveaways than I new existed.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    I did not know any restaurants served that many peanut butter sandwiches but I like that size bucket. What I could do with a number of those buckets in my Man Cave, hmmmmm?

Brass!

Three44s
    In a previous life I ran a few restaurants. You would be shocked at how much peanut butter you can go through. The one restaurant was known for it's peanut butter pie. On an average Thanksgiving I used to make ~50 peanut butter pies. That bucket would last a couple of weeks tops at that rate.

Also a smear of peanut butter on a burger is pretty amazing.

Boolit Master

Never heard of a peanut butter pie. What's in it beside peanuts?
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Never heard of a peanut butter pie. What's in it beside peanuts?
    Graham cracker crust which gets coated in melted chocolate. Then the pie filling is whipped cream, peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar. Fill the pie crust and chill. When you serve it you drizzle some chocolate syrup over it add a scoop of ice cream and then the sugar rush kicks in.

Boolit Master

Ohhhh my gosh. That diet I went on for the last two weeks just got negated by thinking of that pie. Bet they are awesome tasting.
    Mustang

Boolit Man
    Ohhhh my gosh. That diet I went on for the last two weeks just got negated by thinking of that pie. Bet they are awesome tasting.
    They are amazing. The one bright spot is they are so rich, that you can eat a small piece and be satisfied. Plus peanut butter is healthy. The rest isn't, but that doesn't matter.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tai95 View Post
    They are amazing. The one bright spot is they are so rich, that you can eat a small piece and be satisfied. Plus peanut butter is healthy. The rest isn't, but that doesn't matter.
    My wife is a retired school teacher - anything peanut related was barred from school areas for years because someone might have an allergy.
    Mustang

Boolit Buddy

you guys are all NUTS

Boolit Man
    My wife is a retired school teacher - anything peanut related was barred from school areas for years because someone might have an allergy.
    I forget that a peanut is now a weapon of mass destruction on school grounds. I think everyone I went to school with went crazy over the peanut butter squares when they sold them at the cafeteria. Everyone also had a pb&j sandwich at least once a week packed in their lunch. 30 years later if people sniff a peanut they die. Weird.

It's kind of like how no one I went to school with had ADD, or ADHD. Then they started plastering a child abuse hotline everywhere, parents stop disciplining their kids, ritalin was invented and now 9 out of 10 kids have it. Again weird.

I'm not denying food allergies, but I just don't understand how a staple food for generations is now lethal to so many. GMO foods must not be working.

Moderator Emeritus

Some of it is just being more well known. My BIL is fortunate he has made it to 58 with all of his allergies. If he walked into a restaurant frying with peanut oil he stopped breathing.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    As the parent of an ADHD child that survived to adulthood, (he's in his mid 30s now) it drove me nuts, the armchair psychologists that we had to contend with. Ritalin, properly used is a good tool, but it was, and still continues to be over used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast