Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazine weirdness

Boolit Master

Magazine weirdness

Don't you think it's odd that AR15 full capacity magazines are not only available, but are available for excellent prices?

I would think these would be out of stock like most of the other items are.

Boolit Mold
    It concerns me that there's nothing to put in them! But yes, I picked up some magazines the other day because the price was really good.

Boolit Grand Master

The supply exceeds the demand. Additionally the magazine do not get expended. Hence, unlike ammunition and components, no need to buy more when you have what you think you need.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    The supply exceeds the demand. Additionally the magazine do not get expended. Hence, unlike ammunition and components, no need to buy more when you have what you think you need.
    All of that is true. But the same can be said for guns and they're scarce.

Boolit Grand Master

I need to pick up a couple more, magazine warehouse had excellent prices a couple months ago.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

And if H127 should, Lord Help Us, become law - magazines over 10 rounders are supposed to become class III items to be registered at $200 per item. one have speculated that would be per year. A box full of magazines could bankrupt a person. Could that have something to do with it?? Perhaps - Maybe . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    And if H127 should, Lord Help Us, become law - magazines over 10 rounders are supposed to become class III items to be registered at $200 per item. one have speculated that would be per year. A box full of magazines could bankrupt a person. Could that have something to do with it?? Perhaps - Maybe . . .
    I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it. If by some crazy chance full capacity magazines became a Class III item, no one and I mean no one is going to pay a $200 tax on them. It is just never going to happen.

It is highly doubtful many would pay a tax or fill out paperwork on a pistol brace either if it came to that.

Oddly enough, I don't prefer a 30 round AR15 magazine. That is just too many rounds for me doing what I do. I have 20 rounders, but honestly I would be happy with 10 rounds. I don't have any of those because they are higher priced than the 30 round ones. If a ban were to occur, the 30 round mags would go into a box for emergencies and I'd use 10 round ones.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it. If by some crazy chance full capacity magazines became a Class III item, no one and I mean no one is going to pay a $200 tax on them. It is just never going to happen.

It is highly doubtful many would pay a tax or fill out paperwork on a pistol brace either if it came to that.

Oddly enough, I don't prefer a 30 round AR15 magazine. That is just too many rounds for me doing what I do. I have 20 rounders, but honestly I would be happy with 10 rounds. I don't have any of those because they are higher priced than the 30 round ones. If a ban were to occur, the 30 round mags would go into a box for emergencies and I'd use 10 round ones.
    I also prefer the 20 rd mags.
    I imagine now is the time to procure a few more, as you all know dern well what will be happening in the next few weeks/months.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

If and when the laws change on them, they'll be sold out by noon the next day.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

Biden announced today (I think), the 3rd anniversary of the Parkland shooting that we need common sense gun laws, ban AR' and high capacity magazines, and weapons of war. What an idiot.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    If and when the laws change on them, they'll be sold out by noon the next day.
    Yes this is very true.

Boolit Grand Master

Don't you think it's odd that AR15 full capacity magazines are not only available, but are available for excellent prices?

After the last ban both the manufactures and distributors stated they would not be caught with their pants down again so they have maintain a very large inventory. Also folks have been stockpile for years and for the most part they don's wear out. I do know people that have large quantities of mags but very little ammo.

Also the plastic P-Mag design was a game changer. Sheet metal mags are surprisingly challenging to manufacture. I am not aware of any gun maker that makes their own mags. They contract mags out. With the plastic mags manufacturing become much easier.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Like others have said- they don't wear out, they can be dropped/kicked/thrown/abused and generally still work, they've been cheap and easy to buy for years, you can buy 10 and most will just sit unused for years and years.

I'm always on the search for the next "new" gun to buy and I view magazines as more of a nuisance. I don't really like to "waste" money on magazines. With that said I did stock up on a few in the last year in anticipation of the possibility of proposed legislation. I bought half a dozen or more 20 rounds magazines for .300 BLK, some Walther Q5 magazines, along with some higher capacity ones for my Glocks in 10mm and .45 ACP.

I think many companies have stocked up excessive quantities in anticipation of very high demand that hasn't yet materialized. If magazines started showing out of stock or limited quantities on various websites you can guarantee people would start buying whatever they can find and panic buying would ensue.

I was at the range one time with a buddy who had just gotten a new AR 15.
    He laid out his stuff on the bench, and four 20 round magazines.

Someone looked over and asked why he only had four.
    He told them if that wasn't enough, he would need friends, not more magazines.

Moral of the story:
    Be prepared for whatever ya think you might need........
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 02-14-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Lots of mags? Could be the new gun owners who nothing about firearms think one mag' is enough and don't buy what they might actually need? After all, these are people who just don't know much about guns. Heck all that's needed is a double barrel shotgun and fire it into the air. I know people who think the 2 mags that came with their new handgun was one more than they needed. Maybe, maybe not.

Boolit Master

This thread made me take stock of what Magazines I can lay my hands on without having dig out the doors at the front of the Sea Container I use for storage. Just said "ah heck" and pulled the trigger to order 20 more M-14 Magazines. (Would have got some of those AR-14 Magazines Shot Gun Joe talks about, but did not see any of them listed).
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Moderator Emeritus

Pmags are injection molded... easy to ramp up production so no shortage of them.

Boolit Master
    I loved the 20 round Pmag when I had AR's. We got a group buy on another site at around three bucks iirc. I sold my AR's too early but when the cancer hits you do what you have to do. Insurance is not what it used to be.

"Don't you think it's odd that AR15 full capacity magazines are not only available, but are available for excellent prices?"

Seems somebody DID learn something before Trump got elected.

Just rack that 12 ga and they will scatter

You know I miss being able to make $50 or $60 for selling 1 mag
    Last edited by Garyshome; 02-14-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Yep, plenty of mags. there are a bunch of manufacturers of ar15 mags and several have branch out into other brands of guns. Easy to make and being molded is quick. I've bought a bunch lately, won't be needing any more I think

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast