RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Seecamp pistol bullets- .32acp pistol bullets from in .308 rifle dies ....3085

Boolit Bub

Seecamp pistol bullets- .32acp pistol bullets from in .308 rifle dies ....3085

Has anyone ever made a .32acp bullet for a handgun using the .308 rifle dies . I have a Corbin 3 die set , core die, core seater die and p4 ogive point form swage die with several punches in the set . I have made many .308 rifle bullets and understand that process but wondered , thought I even saw a post a few yrs ago that it was possible . I am thinking that I remember something like using the core seat die and a cupped punch to make a suitable 3/4 jacket pistol bullet ?
    I have a seecamp pistol though it isnt like one would shoot target , shooting thousands of rounds with such a small pistol but thought maybe I might be able to get a shootable bullet put together since they are the same diameter as the rifle round .
    Am I wrong to think this would work ,though I might need additional punches or even a point form die in the 1/2 ogive range for the best jacketed bullet . The rifle bullet is .3085 and the Seecamp pistol bullet is also this diameter (unless I'm wrong here ) but the bullet point shape would be different , as that is a given .
    This might require a call to Dave Corbin for the process to work out ?
    Thought I would ask the crew out there to see their experience with this or if it is even possible before I gave it a tried -as I don't want to break dies or stick punches in them .
    Might require another investment in more equipment to work out this one ...

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Most .32 ACP die sets will not reduce the case mouth enough to hold a .308" diameter bullet securely, and they are liable to telescope back into the case when rounds strike the feed ramp. Deep seating bullets in the .32 ACP in a blowback operated pistol is setting yourself up for a KaBoom~!

Use a correct .311" bullet.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    GONRA sez to contact CORBIN.
    He made a custom .380 ACP die that (with lottsa my tooling too)
    made 42 grain .380 ACP plastic core bullets for my larger Seecamp pistol.
    Yes, am chicken to shoot any factory rounds in this tiny pistol!

Boolit Mold
    Experienced reloaders please help me with the design details to be given to machinist for making 32 acp bullet jacket from 8 mm soft copper pipe.
    Best regards
    Dr. Kitekar

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk