RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: 700 trigger help!

700 trigger help!

Bought a 700 action a few years ago for a build brand new. Trigger worked fine out of the box dry firing. I swapped it out for a triggertech while I was building the rifle. I just put the x mark pro back on because I'm selling the action. When I close the bolt now the bolt decocks and the firing put comes out. Am I doing something wrong here? I never touched anything on the trigger, just replaced it with another and now when I go to put it back on it doesnt work. Any ideas?

I'm not familiar with the X MarkPro trigger; but I've had Model 600 and Model 700s uncock the firing pin when closing the bolt. In each case the problem was the presence of oil( WD-40 once)that had gummed up and attracted dirt. The answer in each case was to remove the barreled action from the stock, remove the bolt, and spray carburetor cleaner into all crevices of the trigger and sear. Worked every time, including saving an elk hunt with my 700 30-06. In that case the oil gummed up in the negative temps.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Sear spring in it's place correctly?

I fixed it. I'm used to the triggertech that is all contained in one unit. I had the Remington trigger in my toolbox and some how the hammer and spring got separated from the rest of the trigger. There's my idiot move for the week.