Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Mold for 44 mag and 444 marlin both in levers

Boolit Bub

Mold for 44 mag and 444 marlin both in levers

Really appreciate all the help on an earlier post for molds for my Blackhawk in 45 colt. Have several molds on the way for it

New question is I do have a Rossi 92 in 44 mag and a Marlin in 444. Both of them are new to me. Just picked them up in trades recently. Need to load up for them and of course I want to use cast in both of them. The question is is there an optimum bullet size, weight, and design mold that will work good in both of them? Both with be paper punchers and deer hunters here in Ohio

I'm A Honcho!
    285 GC mold will work perfectly. If it were me, I would order an accurate 4 cavity mold and get a pistol specific design in 2 cavities and a 444 specific in 2 cavities. Or get a 4 cavity GC mold and find someone to cut the GC out of 2 cavities.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Master
    the Lyman 429667 and mp's version of 432360 both work great but crimp groove is in the wrong place for the 444, you have to seat deeper than where crimp groove is. I just follow roll crimping with a lee crimp die.
    ive noticed that accurate moulds has several that are designed for the 444 and mountain molds offered a 300 grain gas check mold that a bunch of folks brag about.
    I personally really like MP molds and at one time he had one that was made to fit the 444 and cast at about 275 grains but I could not find it last time I had $$ to spend and looked through his web site.

Boolit Master

SC432-267-RF-Z4 4 Cavity GC from NOE moulds is what I use in my .444 rifle and .44 SBH revolver. Very accurate and you can run them as hard as you want/can stand in both.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Master

For your 444 contact Tom at Accuratemolds and have him make for you a mold in the weight of your choice with his "Marlin nose". Mine work quite well in my early 2000's 444.
    Eixk

Ranch Dog 265 here.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for all the responses. I ended up buying an NOE three cavity that was in stock along with two other molds. The one I got was listed as made for the 444. So guess we shall see soon once I get to casting in it