RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snub Gun Study Group

Could my 4in Model 10-5 be an honorary snub gun since I plan to carry it?

Boolit Master

I finally received my first email notifying me of a message on Proton Mail. The link took me to "The Snubby Chronicles". That is great,EXCEPT! I detest reading long documents on the monitor. When I tried to print it, it only uses about 2/3rds of the page. I suspect this is because of the European origin of the email system.

Is there any way to reformat to a normal letter format?
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master
    I got mine today as well. Like my shooting partner Dale53, I’m starting to find myself snowed under with “hard copies” of gun mags and books, so I’m slowly converting to more and more electronic reading. For this book at least, I found that by setting my iPad for vertical rather than horizontal format I could scroll through the pages in a most satisfactory manner.

Of course I subscribed to this group because of my personal interest in and use of snub nosed carry pieces, so as I read, all sorts of ideas percolated through my little amphibian brain for potential articles I could write. I wonder whether my very first snub, a classic 22 from High Standard might be of interest? Then there is the “grave yard whistler” inspired by a special Colt displayed at the NRA museum as a “Vampire Killer”. So many ideas, so little inclination to actually get to work!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

I'm sort of going off topic on my own thread but my first snub nose was a S&W Model 63 kit gun with the 2" barrel. I was a junior in HS back in 1958. .22 LR cost about 50¢ a box. My parents didn't know about the gun and even at 50¢ I couldn't shoot much so I sold it for a small profit. Haven't actually had any 2" barrel revolvers since then but do have a S&W Model 65 w/3" barrel.

I sure wish I had that kit gun back, especially for the price back then($55).
    John
    W.TN

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Enjoy!

https://snubgunstudygroup.com/pdf/Th...Chronicles.pdf

All credit goes to the authors - Mike Boyle, Andy Stanford, William Bell, Stephen P. Wenger, David Elderton, Tom Givens, Denver Burris, Peter A. Anderson, C.E. Harris, Mitchell Burke, John Russell, Grant Cunningham, Jim Finnerty, Daniel Congiolosi, William G. Hanley, Steve Collins, Mike Pipes and Frank Groth.

If you like this book, please share it with a friend.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    Hi everyone, thank you Outpost75 for the kind introduction. To respond to a few comments:

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I don’t send my personal info to an unknown email. If they had a website I’d look at it.
    You don't have to send me your e-mail. You can download everything right from the website, www.snubgunstudygroup.com. The e-mail thing is just for people who want a notification when new content is available. I don't share the e-mail addresses with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I sent in my registration request and got back my response with first issue of the electronic journal very quickly. It looks like there could be some interesting materials in this if some of us who appear here will clean up and expand some of our postings here and submit them to the journal. Since this is a "study group" and free to its members, it will be only as good as the participants make it. Since so many of us spend time sending in comments to this and other forums, the SG2 should provide another worthwhile outlet for our excess energy.

Froggie
    Yes that's the idea. The more who participate, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    Could my 4in Model 10-5 be an honorary snub gun since I plan to carry it?
    Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    I finally received my first email notifying me of a message on Proton Mail. The link took me to "The Snubby Chronicles". That is great,EXCEPT! I detest reading long documents on the monitor. When I tried to print it, it only uses about 2/3rds of the page. I suspect this is because of the European origin of the email system.

Is there any way to reformat to a normal letter format?
    I agree, nothing beats paper. The book pages are formatted as 5.5x8.5", or 1/2 the size of a piece of paper. You may have to set up your printer to do two pages per sheet to get it to show up correctly. I'll be giving away some print copies too.

Boolit Master

I don't recommend printing the book. It is a nightmare if you are like me and not particularly savvy. It also uses a mountain of paper. I persisted and only wasted about a 20 or so pages. I'll use these to print targets on the other side.

Unfortunately, I had no idea how to follow NickWalker's instruction. Best just download.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    links are dead?
    --
    Shoot more!

I received this email today from my trusted friend Nick Walker:

Dear Friends,

Today the SG² website (www.snubgunstudygroup.com) was taken down because of the actions of two individuals, Michael de Bethencourt and Jason Chandonnet.

They have filed a frivolous DMCA complaint against me, alleging that the SG² magazine is their property. This is false. They did not create it and it contains no material from either of them. Nor is the magazine a re-badged publication from I'm With ROSCOE. It was created from scratch and I have all of the original files to prove it. I would have been happy to tell them this myself, but they did not bother to ask. Instead they made an incorrect assumption and decided to cancel me.

Let me tell you why this magazine is a new work. Although I had been working on a 7th issue of the Roscoe Broadside (just as I produced all the others) I could not use it for several reasons, including:
    -A couple of authors decided they no longer wanted me to publish their articles;
    -A few of the articles had noir themes that would not have fit the format of the Snub Gun Study Group;
    -I could not use some of the ads, either because I could not get in touch with the advertiser in time or because the ads included discount codes that would not apply.

So, even if I had wanted to re-use the material I had intended for I'm With ROSCOE, it simply wasn't an option. I had to start from scratch. Production on the SG² magazine began on February 1st 2021, one day after I had been locked out of the I'm With ROSCOE bank, PayPal and website admin accounts. I contacted every author and advertiser and obtained written permission to use their work in a new publication.

I didn't want to make this business public, but this is serious. It's not just the SG² website that's down, but two of my business sites that were on the same Bluehost account are also offline. (Unfortunately, Bluehost decided to cancel first, ask questions later, so I may be looking for a new provider). I am self-employed and this deprives me of the opportunity to earn my livelihood.

The magazine will not be taken down, because it is an original work and does not infringe on anyone's intellectual property. I do not back down and I do not bow to cancel culture. If you already downloaded a copy, I encourage you to share it with all of your friends.

I thank every person who has reached out to me to offer their support. SG² will soon be back and stronger than ever.

Nick Walker
    Last edited by Outpost75; 03-06-2021 at 11:32 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

For the record, I support Nick in his efforts and do not permit Michael and Jason to use any of my copyrighted material without compensation. I have offered Nick full and complete rights to compile and republish my materials gratis so that they are freely available, but I do not approve of the heavy-handed tactics which Michael and Jason have used without consulting me at all.

This was redneck, low class and trivial BS in the greatest extreme.

I am working with Nick in publishing "Tales From The Backcreek Diaries" as a free e-book. Once it is compiled I urge all of you to distribute it freely without restriction as long as it is kept intact with source attribution.

In the meantime I would invite you all to enjoy what Texas Flyboy has archived on his site:

https://www.hensleygibbs.com/edharri...creekdiary.htm

...which has a good start, and when Tom is able to update further, my offer still stands for him to co-host any of my material over there too.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 03-08-2021 at 12:00 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    For the record, I support Nick in his efforts and do not permit Michael and Jason to use any of my copyrighted material without compensation. I have offered Nick full and complete rights to compile and republish my materials gratis so that they are freely available, but I do not approve of the heavy-handed tactics which Michael and Jason have used without consulting me at all.

This was redneck, low class and trivial BS in the greatest extreme.

I am working with Nick in publishing "Tales From The Backcreek Diaries" as a free e-book. Once it is compiled I urge all of you to distribute it freely without restriction as long as it is kept intact with source attribution.
    I can't thank you enough for your support.

Boolit Buddy
    I had started reading but not gotten quite halfway through before it was taken down. I wish I had gone on and printed it.

Thank you for sharing it.

Boolit Master

Did anyone happen to download it that can put up a pdf ? Same thing happened tome -Printer got short of ink so I held off printing it. One thing lead to another. Hopefully someone has a pdf
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    Did anyone happen to download it that can put up a pdf ? Same thing happened tome -Printer got short of ink so I held off printing it. One thing lead to another. Hopefully someone has a pdf
    Here you go:
    https://archive.org/details/the-snub...icles/mode/2up
    https://archive.org/details/sg-2-spring-2021/mode/2up

Boolit Master
    Good deal, hope you get things fixed soon. Thank you for your efforts.

Boolit Master

Good deal..............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

Got an email this morning with a new site address - I think everything may be back up. Somebody Please teach me how teemed a link - Grrrrrrrrr ***
    Being human is not for sissies.

Friends,

Like Jerry Miculek with a belt full of moon clips, we are never out of the action for long.

Use this address for now:
    https://nickwalker.org/sg2

It may take a couple of weeks to get the domain back.

Thank you to everyone who reached out over the last couple of days -- I appreciate your support!!

Nick Walker
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks -- fortunately I was able to get the domain back up sooner, so we are back at www.snubgunstudygroup.com

Now that this little distraction is over let's get back to the fun stuff like publishing books and articles

Boolit Grand Master
    On your web page you have an informal poll on barrel lengths. I responded there, but I thought it would be fun to get it going, so here goes;

My vote is for 3” for three reasons;
    1) It’s shorter than the “standard” LEO barrel length of 4”.
    2) The commonly used barrel length for side matches (so called “belly gun” matches) in the old PPC matches around here.
    3) The S&W Model 60-4 is equipped with adjustable sights and a 3” barrel with full underlug.

So, IMHO at least, a three inch snub gun is not an oxymoron, it’s just right!

Regards,
    Green Frog

Sent from my iPad
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast