WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which BPCR cartridge?

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    You can get it in 16 or 18 twist, either will work fine. The 16 twist does allow for longer bullets, but the 18 twist with 535 grain bullets works fine, and it probably does a little better job with 500 and 525 gr bullets .
    34 inch barrels are ok, I have 2 rifles with that length, but have come to prefer the 32.
    When you're shooting for the smallest groups you will want a good wiping routine between shots.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    Any other advice I need?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    Any other advice I need?
    Yeah, buy a thick shoulder recoil pad!
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

A case of 1 1/2 either OE or Swiss. Get ahold of Mead Ops, for Jamison cases, you can find them on Guns International, if they're out start looking for Starline brass. Some .060 fiber wads, and 16-1 alloy if you're going to be running the money bullets. 20-1 works fine with the Postel or Creedmoor bullets.
    Limbsaver slip on recoil pad works great for shooting from prone.

One more thing on the cases, you might want to think about no less than 200 and 400 might save you some headache if you go to a big match Like the Desert International in Phoenix

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Yeah, buy a thick shoulder recoil pad!
    Just to elaborate a bit here, most BPCR matches are shot from a "rested" position like prone or sitting with X sticks. That doesn't leave a lot of room to give with the recoil so you're going to get hit. Now if you think you gots enuff starch in yer drawers, shoot a 50/110 with a 700gr boolit from the prone position. Just remember to pick up your fillings from the shooting mat so the dentist can put them back in.
    A man cannot have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.
    Rudyard Kipling

Palmetto Sharpshooters
    North South Skirmish Association
    NRA Muzzleloading Instructor

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dave951 View Post
    Just to elaborate a bit here, most BPCR matches are shot from a "rested" position like prone or sitting with X sticks. That doesn't leave a lot of room to give with the recoil so you're going to get hit. Now if you think you gots enuff starch in yer drawers, shoot a 50/110 with a 700gr boolit from the prone position. Just remember to pick up your fillings from the shooting mat so the dentist can put them back in.
    I will pass on the offer. I had a Siamese Mouser that had been converted to 45-70. A friend gave me a factory box of 350 grain ammo. I shot the rifle one time with said ammo. My great grandfather felt the jolt. I wanted to shoot all the ammo to get the brass. I tried to get others to shoot it with little luck. The range master fired it once as did another friend. After that, no go. I pulled the bullets and later sold the rifle on this site. I hope he reloads.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12