MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: two more yesterday

Banned

two more yesterday

went on a 150 mile gun shop loop yesterday. Hit 5 shops. Did the whole circle looking for a 7mag of some kind and no joy. About 3/4s of the guns on the rifle racks were 6.5 creedmores and i have no use for one of them. Few 350 legends and 450 bushmasters sprinkled in and suprisingly quite a few AR's. But the price tags on them showed the shops were pretty proud of them. Ammo was scarce only pistol ammo i saw was a few boxes of acps. i wasnt really looking for a handgun as i bought a 45acp shield last week. But the first shop had a lcp 2 for 260 bucks which i thought was fair and was kind of looking for. I had one and gave it to the neighbors boy and all I had was one of the originals and I liked the 2 much better. They also had a 9mm shield with 5 mags and some yuppy pack thing that had a first aid kit and a hokey covid mask in it. they wanted 450 for it. Price of shield mags made that a fair deal. Isnt the screaming deal they were a year and a half ago but what is?? I already have 2 9mm shields one for the truck and one for the jeep so this one will go in the challenger. I keep them with 3 mags and a iwb and owb holster so they fit about any circumstances. I even have my wife in the habit now of sticking them in her purse when she goes into stores. She has a north american arms mini 22 in there but i feel much better with 9mm hps on her. She also has a lc9 but that stays in her bed stand. Its pink muddy girl camo so she doesnt have to worry about me using it. What really made me shake my head was they had a lc9 that comes with ONE mag for the same price as that smith. talk about a no brainer. But up here in hicksville many are convinced rugers are some kind of top end brand. i would have taken the shield over the lc9 even if the shield only had one mag. Told her im trying to do my part to show these liberal sobs that we ARE A GUN COUNTRY. I have to believe it because every gun shop we went into had lots of people buying.

Boolit Buddy
    Great post and sounds like a great day

Boolit Grand Master
    Lloyd, you had fun!!! Roads here south of you were in bad shape.
    Don Verna

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Lloyd, you had fun!!! Roads here south of you were in bad shape.
    bad shape here too. Snow and ice covered. Had to slow down to 60. Heck if your from up here you know there snow and ice covered half the winter. Doesnt even slow down the locals. but a gun buying day is fun even in a blizzard!

Boolit Master

The wife and I went looking yesterday. I was looking for a .22-250. Nuthin. New or used. Oh well. Never got near the pistol display. The wife has gotten good at bird dogging me over the years.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

Been searching for a Henry Big Boy blued steel Carbine in .44 magnum. Not one to be found in the state of West Virginia.

Did a lot of driving, and emails to Henry dealers, and "No joy."

Amazingly, like Lloyd, I have seen many AR-15's and some AK's. Really didn't expect that.

Absolutely no ammunition.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

I have been trying to find some good SAA clones and can’t! Did see some nice lever actions and bolts here in Central Ohio, and they are proud of the. 6.5 caliber too.

Seems like the EZ has over taken the Shield here. Wish I got a few of the Shields when they were dirty cheap two years ago too.

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master

I did, in .45 - figured it was cheap enough/good quality that I couldn't say no as my first plastic-pistol purchase. Been loaned out to 2 good friends so far who badly needed a loaner, so it's earned its place.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    I have been trying to find some good SAA clones and can’t! Did see some nice lever actions and bolts here in Central Ohio, and they are proud of the. 6.5 caliber too.

Seems like the EZ has over taken the Shield here. Wish I got a few of the Shields when they were dirty cheap two years ago too.

Lefty
    yup i kick myself too. bought one a few years ago from buds and they were 250 bucks shipped. Should have bought 4 at those prices. Got to say though the more i handle this 45 the more i like it. The grip is just a bit longer and just enough to wrap my little finger around it without an extended mag where the 9s wont let you do that. Its a tiny bit wide and longer and heavier but not enough to make any real world differnce. Heck the thing holds as much ammo as a full sized 1911 and who 20 years ago bashed that. LOTS of power in a tiny package.

Boolit Grand Master
    I got one of the 9mm 1.0 Shields when they were 225 at Scheels. In terms of bang for the buck, conceal ability and shootability that was one of the better purchases I made.

With a Vedder in Kydex with claw attachment I prefer the longer magazine to give my pinkie some purchase. The claw allows the gun to tuck nice and flat against the body and the nine shot capacity serves well.

Boolit Grand Master
    And....I have the 45 Shield and I have the same observations as you about it and carry it with the shorter magazine. I like the 230 Gold Dot in it. Little bigger than the 9 Shield and the dimensionality is just about perfect. Same Vedder type holster.

Boolit Master

A day well spent.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle