Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Armalight AR10 lower Question

Boolit Buddy

Armalight AR10 lower Question

Guys ive got the opertunity to buy a bare Armalight AR10 lower, its used and that amounts its been been used is unknow.

My question is will the modern day parts fit?

Regards

David

Boolit Grand Master

Yes but their are two versions A & B that that use different mags and if I remember correctly bolt stops.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Not sure but some have different size holes for takedown pins, make sure they are the correct size. No idea if they would be larger or smaller.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Gorilla Machining has receivers that fit the Armalite AR-10B receivers, was @$59 or so.

They did, but....

https://www.gorillamachining.com/Gor...ing_p_792.html

They take DPMS parts - barrel, upper, bolt, and etc.

Armalite uppers are $$$$ and no were have the parts availability

B vs. A styles - M-14 magazine vs PMAG.

Have a newer AR10B upper - complete - A-2 style for sale, maybe...

Boolit Master
    M-Tecs link, made me open my safe and check my Armalite AR10-A4. I thought something was off. My receiver is clearly stamped AR10-A4.

The picture of the differences in AR-10 receivers is incorrect, based on my receiver. Specifically, and I quote, Note the elevated surface on the AR-10A that comes downward from the front of the magazine catch cutout. My AR10A is perfectly flat.

It also won't accept P-Mags, only, altered M-14 metal magazines. Contrary to what the article states. Again quoting. We have tested, we recommend, and we ship polymer Magpul PMAG® 20LR magazines with our AR-10As.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    M-Tecs link, made me open my safe and check my Armalite AR10-A4. I thought something was off. My receiver is clearly stamped AR10-A4.

The picture of the differences in AR-10 receivers is incorrect, based on my receiver. Specifically, and I quote, Note the elevated surface on the AR-10A that comes downward from the front of the magazine catch cutout. My AR10A is perfectly flat.

It also won't accept P-Mags, only, altered M-14 metal magazines. Contrary to what the article states. Again quoting. We have tested, we recommend, and we ship polymer Magpul PMAG® 20LR magazines with our AR-10As.

Winelover
    That would be because you have a B lower. The article is correct. The A in A4 is not whether it is an A or B lower but it indicates the configuration /model same as on the M16's. The A4's are flattops with the post front sight. What you have is a B series rifle in A4 configuration. Armalite's choice of using A series and B series gets really confusing when Armalite uses the the M16 A1, A2, A3 and A4 descriptions for configuration. They may have changed later but I have never seen a B series marked as a B series. If the Series was stamp on the lower life would be simpler.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 02-07-2021 at 05:04 PM.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Article maybe correct but sure isn't clear.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Article maybe correct but sure isn't clear.

Winelover
    Not really sure how it could be any clearer without including a history lesson. When it as simply as reading the stamping it is pointed out in the article. The AR-10B where the introduced first. That was during the AWB so magazines were an issue hence the modified M-14 mags. At the time they were not called B series since they were the first. Them not being stamped B series is no different than Pre 64 Winchesters being stamped Pre 64 or the "old Model" Rugers being stamped "old Model". After the AWB sunsetted they started producing the A series that is stamped with the “AR-10A” logo on the side of the AR-10A receiver" since they needed to be identified from the first ones that we now call the B series. Yours is not stamped AR-10A. It is stamped AR10-A4. There is a difference if the A is before or after the (-).

The AR-10A Lower Receiver has several obvious features that are not present on the AR-10B Lower Receiver (in addition to the “AR-10A” logo on the side of the AR-10A receiver). Note the elevated surface on the AR-10A that comes downward from the front of the magazine catch cutout. Also note the increased upward angle of the bottom of the magazine well on the AR-10A. In addition, the shape of the boss around the takedown pin hole is changed on the AR-10A.

Either way parts are still in production for both.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 02-08-2021 at 04:57 PM.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you very much guys, very informative.