Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Federal Primers Available

This IS NOT price gouging.....it is capitalism. The current crop of new gun owners and panic buyers are what is dictating the market prices. For it to stop, people buying this stuff must be willing to grab on to their ears, pull really really hard and get their heads out of their rears and not pay these prices.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like a box of suppositories to me.

Boolit Master
    Wonder what it’ll cost them to replace the inventory they just sold?

A retailer has to price based on reorder cost because when the mess is over and prices are falling ain’t nobody buying at the old prices just to be good to him. Of course of he sells out and has no inventory when prices fall then he gets a windfall, but it’s hard to time things like that.

Boolit Master

WOW - at that price I've got maybe 2 grand worth stashed...

Boolit Master

I hate to break it to you guys, but this is the new normal.

In six months these prices will seem cheap.

If you don't have ammo all you have is a club or doorstop.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

This could be the new normal.

I'm sitting on 2 ammo can's of primers, fairly happy with that. But wish it was twice as many. But not at that price.

If your desperate enough, and if factory ammo prices are high enough, some will pay that.

I won't, but some will.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Banned
    If you think this is the new normal, you are welcome to buy as much as you wish at the current prices.

Boolit Master

If a guy doesn't have primers (which most will agree are not essential to life) and wants them bad enough, he should be grateful that some are available for purchase at any price. You cannot fault the seller when the purchase price is driven by an auction and he's selling what he bought during times of plenty.

Boolit Master

I hope we are all capitalists here. Let market demand set the price. Hope the demand incentivizes some manufacturers to take advantage and crank out more.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Interesting that a person asking enormous prices is gouging but when the same item sells for the same price or more at auction it is completely okay.
    In either case, the buyer sets the price since, in this instance, they are not forced to buy. They can always wait.
    If that isn't an acceptable alternative, then that is a case of bad timing.
    We aren't talking about medicine or food here. Primers are not about living and dying.

I haven't sold any of my stash. I won't until I can determine if I will need it in the future. Still, it is worth thinking about under current circumstances.
    I could pay off some serious bills with that money.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    If you think this is the new normal, you are welcome to buy as much as you wish at the current prices.
    My normal was 18 months ago.

I did pay $5 per ounce for Blackhorn 209 recently and was glad to get it.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

No different than the panic after sandy hook.
    It is not going to be the new normal, but the panic is going to last for a year or two. It certainly might get worse before it gets better.
    For the people who have been in the reloading hobby for a while, you knew better and if you were caught out, it was your own doing. For the new to the hobby, a steep lesson in patience is going to be learned.
    There will be primers, and they will be closer to normally priced, but it will take a constant daily effort to locate them and you'll have to be quick, as the scalpers will be right there as scalpers are always looking for profiteering opportunities.

Banned
    On July 11, 2008 oil was trading at $147.27 a barrel. Eight years later the market bottomed out at $30/barrel in February 2016.

$145+ per barrel was not the "new normal". if you based your investment strategy on that being the "new normal"; you might now be standing at an intersection with a cardboard sign begging for money.

No one has an accurate crystal ball to predict the future but hindsight is 20/20. We can look at history and base some predictions on what has happened in the past. Huge shifts in prices are rarely permanent shifts.
    Increased prices due to shortages ALWAYS fall.

If you want to pay insane prices for something, you are free to do so.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    They can ASK whatever they want.

The decision about what you will PAY, is ENTIRELY up to you.
    There you go.

There is no price gouging in my life. My life includes but is not limited to shooting, there is NOTHING other than food and fuel that I can't live without. Fact is, no one can price gouge me because I refuse to be gouged.

We've been here before and, as long as Democrats breath, it will surely happen again but I don't play that game. This won't last forever and "screw you!" can work both ways; I have a loooong memory for dealers who tried to gouge me.

I don't shoot defence ammo until I don't have another round left. I have no handgun primers and won't be buying any until prices normalize but there is always a full box or two of all my defense ammo sitting on a loading room shelf. I have plenty of .38 Spec, .357 mag, .44 mag, .45 ACP, for advanced Darwin Award field exercises.

Boolit Buddy
    Do as you must! No way in God's green earth would I EVER stoop to feeding a gouger. This is one company that I would never do business with.....screw 'em............hell, I'll make primers outta match heads first!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    Do as you must! No way in God's green earth would I EVER stoop to feeding a gouger. This is one company that I would never do business with.....screw 'em............hell, I'll make primers outta match heads first!!!!
    Have you tried to buy matches lately?? I think primers are cheaper if you can find them. I expect the new norm will be along before too long.Simper-Fi
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 02-05-2021 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Window's spell check thingy messed up the post
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    Just add them to the list of companies you will no longer do business with even when this clears up. They don't deserve your business.
    Absolutely! Will N E V E R do business with those crooks...

Boolit Master
    If someone offered me that, I'd sell every single primer in my stock.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master

Not only are they over charging but they don't even abide by their own statements. "Cannot ship to NY, AK, HI, MA, CT, Washington D.C.

Please know the laws of your state before ordering." They can ship to NY, no law against it (YET)No idea about the others.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

I have about 500 bowling pin loads left over from Second Chase pin shoot days loaded with WW SPP, 230 WC bullets and 7 gr of Blue Dot, clearly a fun load to shoot when you are in their 70s. I pulled about 300, put the bullets aside for my next casting session and carefully pushed the primers out while wearing proper protective gear. I fired 34 thru my 9 mm pistol and 16 thru my COVID 9mm revolver cylinder conversion. All fired and had the same point of impact as loads with current production. Not recommended for anyone else but I will pull the remaining bullets this weekend and load another 200 rounds of plinkers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast