Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: .230 swaging diameter use

Boolit Mold

.230 swaging diameter use

Hello, Long time since swaging for me. Back in 91(really), I was using .358 lsw kit from Corbin to produce all my pistol loads for bowling pin matches. Life took a turn and just got back into shooting. Recently came across some dies I recognized as swaging that looked like corbin sets. Picked them up not knowing diameter but they looked like 224/ 243. Anyway they size bullets at .230. Trying to figure out what that diameter is useful for. I dont have any worn out 22 barrels. Looking for inputs on what I am not seeing to use them for. It appears to be a two die set to produce rebated base and rounded/slight spitzer style bullets. Also in the box was a jacket slitter but it is definately for .243 diameter. Some other stuff I am sorting out but this first question has me stumped as to the odd (to me) bullet diameter. Thanks for viewing
    Craig

Boolit Master

If it's a push through die, it could be for derimming .22mag. The derimmed case would be a jacket for .243/6mm bullets
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master

Core uniforming die for 6mm lead cores

http://www.swagedies.com/mm5/merchan...Category_Code=
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Isn't the 22 High Power a 228 groove dia. Could be for that.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Master
    There are a couple of rifles made for a 230 bullet. I have the ability to make a 230 bullet. Not much call for them. The rifles were made a long time ago. They were used to get past the 22 caliber hunting ban.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the replies, got me in the right direction. They are listed in the corbin book as rebated base die set. The first die seats the core and gives a rounded base. This is then placed in the second die and a rebated base is formed. What is missing is the point forming die that becomes the third step for a finished bullet. They are marked .230 b1 and 230 b2 on the die. This is a good example of internet use. Thanks. Now what to do with them is next.

Boolit Mold
    Found another die in the lot that is marked on top 243 - 230. Set it up and pushed a 60 gr 243 bullet through and it came out measuring 229. Owner must of had a gun in that caliber/bore size.