RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Henry single shot .44 mag inbound.

Boolit Master

Henry single shot .44 mag inbound.

Found a really nice one online. $470 after shipping and transfer fee. Looking forward to running it through it's paces. There is something appealing about a light weight, simple, iron sighted rifle with good energy at practical distance. And this one has pyschedleic wood.

I would own one of those if they made them in .45 LC. Would match up real good with my Bisley Blackhawk. Nothing wrong with .44 mag I just am not set up for it. Post some pictures of it when you get your hands on it. I have seen some real purty one's, especially for the price.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Master
    Here's a pic off GB;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix520652783.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	276570

Have you shot it yet? We are curious to see if Henry did their homework.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I have a brand new 45/70 Henry single shot, it has a #4 trigger, no creep and shoots great, with a 15 gr of Unique and a 300gr cast slug. I did put a much smaller bead on mine, and it shoots great.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    I have a brand new 45/70 Henry single shot, it has a #4 trigger, no creep and shoots great, with a 15 gr of Unique and a 300gr cast slug. I did put a much smaller bead on mine, and it shoots great.
    Your eyesight must be great. I haven't changed mine but have tried an aperture insert. Didn't work very well. Mine is chambered in 308 and so far shooting 30-30 power loads.
    Rick

Boolit Master
    After getting the trigger modified during the recall, my Henry Single Shot in 357 is now my favorite gun. I put some Skinner Sights on it and it's a real hoot. Wouldn't hesitate to get one in 45-70 or 44mag if I needed more oomf.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master
    RickinTN, you are correct, I am blessed with good eyesight at 58 years old, rarely needing reading glasses in dim light, but can see irons very well, shoot them about 6 days a week. I put on a smaller bead, 1/3 the size of the original, and turned the middleof the rear sight over for the smaller notch, you cant believe how much difference it makes in your grouping ability when you are not covering up most of what you are shooting at.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The Williams sights for H&R single shots are supposed to also fit the Henry. I think a brass frame .45-70 is in my future!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Have you shot it yet? We are curious to see if Henry did their homework.
    Finally got the rings to mount a Leupold VX 3i 1.5 - 5x on it. Going out this afternoon to try some off hand shooting.