Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: vectan ba10

vectan ba10

A local store has three bottles (1.15lbs) for $20 a piece. Im reading that is very similar in speed to bullseye. I really dont need any more fast pistol powder but the way things are, Im thinking of trying it. Any experience with this stuff?

Boolit Buddy
    I have been using Vectan more and more lately. Good powder for the price and it burns clean and you get 1.1lb instead of 1lb. So far I used Vectan A0 in medium power 357,10mm and I think 40S&W. I used GM3 (shotgun powder) in 38S and 9mm seems to be similar to TG. Since the great powder shortage is now hitting us I also ordered 206V which should be similar to HP38/W231 and another kind for reloading .223 but I cant remember the name and i havent used these two yet. Vectan powder works fine but your problem is going to be loading data since they are not as popular in US.

Prices vary from around $15 for GM3 to around $25 for rifle ball powder so that sounds like a normal price.

I found their loading data: http://www.vectan.fr/UK/reloading-charges
    They don't have a ton of data, but its a good start, and with some loads on the forums, I think I can make some reasonable loads. Probably mostly .38 and .45. I'll treat BA10 as a slightly faster bullseye. Mostly experiments since I have quite a bit of pistol powder already.

Boolit Master
    I use BA10 powder all the time in my 45acp. It meters very well, and has low shot to shot variations. Burns quite clean also. I tried it as a replacement for Clays, when the factory burned down. The Vectan line always seemed to be available, even during the past powder shortages.

Boolit Buddy
    I got a bottle of ba10 during the last shortage and never got into it, but as I recall its a great fit for 45acp. Picked up a couple 14oz bottles of clays the other day so it may stay in the reserve for a few more years. I did order so.e ba9 to try out, hoping it will ship soon. Grab it up and let us know how it shoots.

Tried some in .38 special today. 4 inch smith m67. 3.0grains under a 148 rcbs wadcutter seated out one driving band. Average 815fps and very consistent with temps in the low 50s. Nice shooting load and pretty darn clean. Picture is after 30 rounds. Cases came out spotless. This powder is pretty good stuff, glad I picked it up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210203_152706.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	276872

Boolit Buddy

I have not tried BA10, but I have tried BA6.5 and Vectan AS. Both seem to be pretty good reliable replacements for 2400 and Reddot. Randy.

Banned

I just picked up 2 bottles of Vectan A1 for my 9mm loads, and you can also get the load data here:

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/tech-r...lResourceId/20

It's downloadable.